Chapter 43

Sean raced up the stairs and took a deep breath before trying to turn the knob. He sighed in relief when it turned and he slowly opened the door. There curled up in the bay window seat was his Pookie staring out the window.

"I'm numb Sean," She whispered without even turning to look at him. "I'm completely and utterly void of all emotions. What does that say about me? I should be screaming and crying in pain right now but there is absolutely nothing in me."

"That tells me you are in shock," Sean said coming over to her. He sat across from her and took her hands in his.

"He kept sleeping with her even after we got back together," She scoffed. "He only stopped after Angel. That means he was still having sex with her after you moved me in with you. That explains the returning back later then he should have and not really having a realistic answer why it took so long. That explains the not letting me use his phone for something, it explains so much. God I am stupid for not recognizing it sooner. He only stopped because of Angel, so he only married me out of an obligation and feeling pressured, like I thought."

"Pookie," Sean whispered and she shook her head.

"Oh well," she sighed and wiped her eyes, "he is now free to be with her or anyone else he wants. I need Owen to change our agreement. I understand you are brothers so you will remain in contact with him but please don't tell me or tell him anything about me. I just can't right now."

"Ok Pookie," Sean nodded. He could tell she was on the verge of breaking down so he was just waiting for it to happen. "He won't be staying here, just so you know. Owen told him he has an hour to pack up then if he is still here he won't stop Raven or anyone else."

"Please don't let anyone hurt him Sean," She shook her head. "He may have cheated and broken my heart but don't let them take their anger out on him. Karma will serve justice."

"I will try," he nodded.

"Darling," Owen said and she turned to see everyone but Marc in her room. "Can we get you anything?"

"Just some space," She shook her head. "I need to process everything. I need to be alone."

"But—" Victor started to protest.

"I may be numb but I won't try anything," She shook her head. "I promise. You have the camera, you can make sure I don't slip any further. If I feel like I am, I will let you know. Please."

"Okay, Doll," Axel nodded and they left.

Sean shut the door behind him, and they went back down stairs. A little bit later Marc came down with a couple of duffel bags in his hand.

"How could you?" Kota asked confused.

"I don't really know what to say to make you understand," Marc sighed. "After almost six years of not finding anything on her, I was losing hope. Sheila was just a release and I liked not having to share her. I liked being the sole attention from her. I'm sorry for not telling you about her but I honestly thought she was just another easy lay. Anytime I needed her she was there. Then we found Lynn and she was just so distant and adamant about not wanting anything to do with us so I didn't think we would get her back. I thought we had lost her for good so there was no reason to stop seeing Sheila. But I swear once I knew we had a chance I started distancing myself from Sheila. Once Doc found the picture of Angel, I knew I couldn't lose Lynn. When she told us about Angel I called Sheila and immediately cut ties with her. I swear those are old pictures. I don't know how they got released and I don't know how my bracelet is in that picture but I swear I haven't been unfaithful during our marriage."

"Maybe not during our marriage but you were during our relationship," Axel shook his head. "We all agreed that that moment we found Lynn we would consider ourselves hers even if she didn't and you broke that agreement. You also lied to our family. How can we be a family if we can't trust one another? We all have had booty calls but we didn't have relationships and you did. You continued to have one even after Lynn. How can we trust you Marc?"

"I hope she was worth it," Victor shook his head. "You just lost your family and our one true love."