Chapter 17

Lynn heard the door open but just sat there looking out the window. She didnt have the energy to wonder who it was nor did she have the energy to care. Irish Spring filled the air then she knew it was Owen.

He walked around to her and sat two boxes down in her lap. She glanced down and noticed it was her lock box and the box that revealed her darkest secret to the men she once loved. "None of us have opened either of them. We only know about the papers Sean asked about. We want to know more Darling. Share your pain with us, please. Dont hold it in anymore. We want to know. Please Lynn tell us." She looked up at Owen shocked. He called her by her first name. His grey eyes that once looked like steel now only held pain and had dulled with tears barely holding on. "Weve already lost our baby, we dont want to lose you too Lynn." The tears slipped free and she let out a barely there gasp. Owen was crying, she had never seen him cry before. She didnt like seeing Owen cry. She wanted to take his pain away some how. Maybe she could muster up the energy to try and talk just a little bit.

"I just want our baby Owen," She whispered. "I just want to see our baby."

"Tell me where it is and Ill take you," he sniffled. "I promise but please eat something. Anything at all just name it, just please eat and Ill take you where our baby is."

"I cant." She sighed, "Too tired, so tired, sorry," She laid down and closed her eyes. It was too much to talk. She needed more sleep.

"No Darling, wake up," Owen said sitting her back up. "Just take a couple of bites please."

"Too tired," she groaned.

"You dont even have to chew Darling, just sip," Owen said. "What sounds good?"

"Chicken and dumplings," She said thinking that she could sleep while they made some.

"Lucky you, they made that for dinner last night, Ill have them bring you some and you can drink the broth, how does that sound?" Owen pleaded.

She sighed in defeat. "So tired, nap," she yawned. She closed her eyes and soon the wonderful smell of homemade chicken and dumplings filled the room.

"Open up Baby," Norths voice filled her ears. She opened her mouth just a little bit and he poured some chicken and dumplings broth into her mouth. The flavors exploded in her mouth. She drank it and opened her mouth for more. North smiled at Owen and scooped another spoonful then brought it to her mouth. He managed to feed her a half a bowl before she shook her head. "You did so well Baby."

"So tired," She barely whispered trying to snuggle into Owen even more.

"Nap Darling then when you wake you can tell me where our baby is and Ill take you, I promise," he whispered as North laid with her. Owen moved the boxes onto her nightstand then laid down with her as well. North looked to the open door and gave a thumbs up to the men who were silently watching. Everyone internally sighed, it was the major breakthrough they were hoping for.

Lynn woke up two hours later, "Sleep well Baby?" North asked as he woke to her moving around. She nodded and snuggled into his chest even more.

"Can you try and eat a little more Darling?" Owen asked as he put his glasses on. She shrugged and he nodded, "Well we can try at least cant we?"

Owen went downstairs and came back a little later with a bowl and some apple juice. North sat up and moved her into his lap so her back was on his chest. Owen sat in front of them and fed her. This time she had a little bit more energy and was able to eat a few pieces of shredded chicken. This time she was able to eat about three fourths of a bowl.

Once she was full Owen sat the bowl to the side, "You feel like having a shower or bath Darling?" Owen asked and she shrugged. "Lets try and see, Mr. Coleman can always get you out if you dont like it." She nodded and closed her eyes to listen to Norths heartbeat.

Gabriel came in and started a bubble bath. "Its ready North," Gabriel called out and she felt herself being moved. "Time to undress Trouble," Gabriel said but she just sat still on the counter.

"Too tired," she sighed.

"Okay Trouble," Gabriel nodded and began undressing her. He got in the tub and North sat her in front of Gabriel. He sat on the outside and began washing her while Gabriel washed her hair. Once she was clean Gabriel smiled, "Alright Trouble, let North rinse you off while I go get you clean clothes then I will come back and dry your hair."

She watched Gabriel leave the room then whispered, "hes not cussing."

"We are very worried about you," North answered honestly as he helped her stand so he can rinse the bubbles off of her. He get her out of the tub and began drying her off. Gabe came back with her clothes and they dressed her. After Gabriel dried her hair North picked her up and carried her back to the bed which she noticed had clean sheets and blanket on it.

The whole team was in her room she noticed when she was placed in Silas lap. "Can you tell us about our baby?" Owen asked softly. Lynn pointed to the boxes and Sean handed them to her. She ran her fingers over the lock box and the black box. She took a deep breath and put in the code then opened both boxes.