Chapter No. 87. Weird Stuff.

It was a typical Monday. Janet was at work, James, Sylvia and Amy were busy creating gems and jewelry, and Robert was making improvements to the house. Vincent and Sally, on the other hand, were sitting on the patio discussing things.

"So, how did you end up getting killed?" Sally asked.

"My unit came under fire at Kandahar. I got hit and I don't remember anything after that."

"I wish I could have been killed like that. Maybe I wouldn't have had to suffer like I did."

"I can't imagine wanting to die. It's weird."

"We're living a fantasy," she said. "Who could have imagined something like this."

"I assume that the scumbag that kidnapped you violated you."

"Actually, he didn't. I think he thought that he could get ransom money, but he was killed by a drug pusher ring. I think he owed them money."

"So, that's when you got into pushing drugs."

"No. I escaped and went on the run for a while, but they caught up to me. They needed someone like me to be a mule."

"So, you carried drugs across borders."

"Yes, I got caught in Australia, but I escaped. I didn't have that luck in Cambodia. They tortured me to get me to finger my associates."

Vincent shook his head. "That's ridiculous!"

"It's what happens if you do crimes in shitty countries."

"Well, you don't have to worry about that now."

Sally gave him an ornery smirk. "I understand that you've been assigned to me."

Vincent's eyes enlarged briefly before he settled down. "Is that a problem?"

"Not at all," she said, grinning.

That brought a smile to Vincent's lips.

Later on, when the Steris family had gathered for lunch, Baby Jack had news that both baffled and surprised everyone. "Sparky claims that he can detect high frequency gravity waves."

"Is that something we could use to track down demons?" Robert asked.

"High frequency gravity waves are what would be left over from the cosmic expansion that occurred in the initial microsecond after the Big Bang. The waves would be the only thing that escaped the recombination of matter stage."

"So, what you're telling us is that Sparky has detected something that happened almost immediately after the Big Bang?"

"Yes, Grand Dad."

Robert turned to James. "I wonder if NASA would be interested in that?"

"The problem I see," James said. "Is them believing that a dog detected something like this, which I might add has not yet been accomplished by astrophysicists."

"Well, it won't hurt to ask them."

"Yeah, why not," Amy said. "They already think we're loony."

"What I want to know is how the dog is so . . . intelligent?" Sally asked.

"How are we able to fly around in space?" Robert asked rhetorically. "We could ask a lot of questions, but the ultimate answer is that God is responsible. It's divine gifts that allow us to do what we do."

A sudden loud sound startled them.

"What the hell was that?" Amy asked.

"I think it's the sound of chaos!" James said.