Chapter No.79. Adjustment.

Amy was curious about what James and Sylvia were doing, so she went down to their workroom to check it out.

"Hi," Sylvia greeted her, looking back at her from her diamond cutting workstation.

James gave her a nod.

"So, this is where you guys do your thing," Amy said, looking around at the various computer equipment and workstations.

"Yeah, it's where we make the dough," James replied.

"I might be able to help you," Amy said.

"Sylvia's the diamond expert. She could train you."

"I was thinking of something different. I once made high class jewelry back when I was still straight."

James looked at her. "What sort of jewelry?"

"Mostly gold and platinum necklaces, earrings, pendants, stuff like that."

"I'm not sure how we could get sizable amounts of gold and platinum."

Amy smiled. "I do."

Both James and Sylvia turned to stare at her.

"There's lots of those precious metals in asteroids. I believe that I can extract them without using any equipment."

James smiled. "That's sounds like a neat idea."

"I agree," Sylvia said. "We know which asteroids are rich in metals, at least some of them."

James stood up. "Let's go check it out."

They changed into their outfits and teleported to a small S-class asteroid sixty million miles from Earth.

"This rock isn't that large, but it contains more than the usual amount of gold and platinum," James said.

Amy flew around it and then stopped a few meters above the surface. After several minutes she created a carbon fiber container and allowed precious metals to flow into it. The metals were molten when they came out of the asteroid but quickly solidified before actually entering the container.

"Neat trick!" James told her. "You purified the metals before you collected them."

"Saves time," Amy said with a smirk.

James turned to Sylvia. "While we're out here, we may as well obtain some more rough diamonds."

"Sure," she replied.

"We'll show you how we mine diamonds from Neptune," James told Amy.

"I'd love to see that," she replied.

They teleported to Neptune and flew close to the cloud tops.

"It rains diamonds on Neptune," James said. "All we have to do is fish some of them out before they sink too low."

Both James and Sylvia created fiber containers to collect the diamonds. Even though they came out hot, they cooled quickly enough to not cause a problem.

"Those are large diamonds," Amy noted.

"Yes, but Sylvia knows how to convert them into some high-class gems."

"I'd love to watch her do that."

They returned home and immediately headed to the workroom. Sylvia sat down at her workstation and began the job of cutting diamonds into high class gemstones.

"It takes being able to see where to cut it," she told Amy. "If it's done right, it makes great looking gems cut to a size that sells fast."

"Amazing!" Amy reacted.