Chapter No.66. Alien.

The Hope Children's hospital was an impressive structure. It dominated a large part of five acres and consisted of several buildings arranged around a large parking area.

The Steris family didn't need to park. They just materialized near the front door of the main building, which attracted people coming and going. Harold Simmons, the hospital's CEO came out to greet them. He was a man in his sixties with a congenial smile to match his big belly.

"We're so happy to see you!" He exclaimed. "We have several children who are terminal and need immediate attention."

"We're here to help," Robert said.

Simmons escorted them into a large solarium where several terminal case children were assembled, most of them so sick they were lying on gurneys.

A crowd of doctors, nurses and officials gathered to watch a miraculous event. The superheroes moved from one child to another, doing their amazing work of completely eradicating any signs of disease. Of course, they realized that if the superheroes were left to go through the entire hospital, their jobs would be in jeopardy.

Although the superheroes were happy to cure these sick children, they realized that it was impractical to cure every possible sick person on the planet, so they were satisfied to accommodate the hospital's idea of a media stunt to attract customers. When they had cured all of the patients, they stood together, allowing people to photograph them standing with their freshly cured patients, making everyone happy.

It also helped soften Robert's latest warnings against the world's military, which had gone viral on the inernet.

The next day, while James and Sylvia were in school, they also decided to explore the Amazon Rain Forrest. While flying over the main part of the Brazilian pristine section at Mach 1, James came to a sudden stop. Sylvia had to stop and come back to him.

"What's wrong?"

James pointed at what appeared to be a saucer shaped object down in a particularly thickly vegetated area. "What the hell is that?"

"Maybe it's a drone."

"Nah, that's too large for that."

"Let's go down and check it out," Sylvia said.

They landed near the object, and what they found was mind bending. Two strange looking figures were standing near another lying on the ground. They were tall and thin with long arms and legs, but small bodies. They had large heads with no signs of hair. Their large round eyes had no pupils. They looked more like insect eyes. Their mouths were round, almost more like a hole, and hey were attired in what looked like aluminum foil, giving them a doll-like appearance.

"Ah . . . I think we've found aliens," James said.

"That one on the ground has two arrows sticking into his chest," Sylvia said. "Maybe the indigenous people did that."

"Yeah, it might be dead. I'm not sure if we could resurrect it."

She looked at him with a serious expression. "Do you think that's wise?"

"Usually, we end up in places where we're needed. This could be one of them."

When James walked up to the creatures, they remained still and showed no sign of fear or aggression. He knelt down next to the fallen creature and pulled the arrows out of his chest before he placed his hand on the wounds, which were oozing out blue blood. When the stricken creature moved, it surprised him, and he stood up. The two unharmed creatures didn't show any emotion. After the resurrected creature joined them, one of the creatures pointed to the saucer. James sensed that there was something wrong with it.

"It runs on antimatter," Sylvia said after she walked over to join James. "I think there's a problem with the energy conversion unit. It looks like there's a leak in one of the hydrogen-feed lines."

James's right eyebrow shot up. "You can sense all of that?"

"Yes. I believe that I've repaired the leak."

"No one is going to believe this," James said.

"I've taken some pics that might convince them."

When the three creatures entered the saucer, James and Sylvia flew up out of the way of the saucer as it flew up into the sky.

"I wonder where they came from?" Sylvia asked.

"That's what NASA is going to ask when they see your photos."

Sylvia smiled.

During the evening meal back at the Steris home, James decided to reveal what they had seen, but Robert knew about it.

"I'm not so sure that NASA will be able to explain what had happened," Robert said. "A revelation like this could cause a panic. People will think that aliens are planning to take over Earth."

"I don't think so," James said. "I think they were just exploring the forest to examine the plant life."

"Like ET?" Robert said.

"Yeah, but they didn't look at all like ET."

"You're right about that, but that's expected."

"It's not too late at JPL," James said. "Let's go see what they think."

When they materialized in the JPL Mission room, people looked at them but didn't say or do anything, A few minutes later, Jason came into the room.

"Is there a problem?"

"It depends upon what you think of something that James and Sylvia discovered."

"Oh?"

"Transfer the photos and videos to their computer system," Robert told Sylvia.

People gathered to watch them.

"Where did you get these?" Jason asked.

"In the Brazilian section of the Amazon," James said. "It doesn't matter because they're not there now. I resurrected one of them who had been shot with arrows, and Sylvia repaired their ship."

"You resurrected an alien and repaired their vessel?"

"Yes. It wasn't that difficult."

"No one is going to believe that."

"I can't help that. They didn't seem to be violent or fearful. It was obvious that they were scientists exploring the rainforest's vegetation like ET."

Jason whipped his forehead. "I'll have to run this through the Secretary before we release any of this."

"That's okay with us," Robert said. "We're only showing you this so that you realize that there definitely is intelligent life out in the universe. We are not alone."

"No doubt about it, but I think we'll have to make sure that it doesn't cause a panic."

"Fair enough," Robert said. "Have fun."

Jason watched the superheroes vanish before he turned to the others. "Under no circumstances will we release this without approval."

They all nodded like robots, but secrets like this were not easy to suppress.

The Steris family didn't care. As far as they were concerned, they were just doing their job. They weren't concerned about aliens.