Chapter No.54. The Bad and the Ugly.

Robert answered the landline phone when Janet was at work and James was out with Sylvia. The caller was the president.

"We have a problem that only you can fix."

"Okay, I'll be there shortly." He teleported to the Oval Office where he found the president and his chief of staff.

"This is one of those touchy situations that we are unable to solve using diplomacy or military action, which wouldn't work."

"That sounds serious."

"In a way, it is. A PBS correspondent, Margaret Wilson, was in Yemen reporting on the Saudi intervention when she disappeared. Our operatives reported that they believe she was arrested by Saudi forces and was convicted of espionage. They believe that she was tortured to confess, and subsequently convicted and sentenced to hard labor."

"Have you tried diplomatic channels?"

"Yes, but the Saudi's deny all of it. They claim it's a Yemen plot to tarnish their honor."

Robert rubbed his jaw. "I assume you want us to rescue her."

"Yes, but we don't know where she's being held."

"I believe we could locate her, but it would help if we had an article of her clothing that has not been laundered or handled."

"She lives with her partner in an apartment nearby," Earl Jenkins, the chief of staff, reported. "She might be able to provide that."

"Why do you need that?" the president asked.

"Because it would enable Sparky, our wonder dog, the means to find her."

They stared at him for a moment before Earl replied. "I'll provide you with the address."

Robert smiled. "I already got it." He disappeared.

Earl turned to the president. "If I didn't know better, I would think this is a joke."

"I know what you mean, but they are our only hope."

Robert returned home and waited until his wife, son and Sylvia returned before he sprang the mission on them. However, it turned out that they knew what had happened.

"I assume you're going to use our wonder dog to find her," James said.

"Yeah, but first we have to go where she lives and see if we can get something that has her scent."

Sylvia appeared. "I'm ready."

"Me too," Janet added.

Sparky came into the room wagging his tail.

"He's ready," James said.

They laughed.

When they appeared in Margaret's apartment in their outfits," Felicia, Margaret's partner, was startled.

"Sorry to scare you," Robert said. "But we've been assigned to rescue Margaret."

Felicia's facial expression went from fear to excitement. "Oh my God! Where is she?"

"We believe she's being held by the Saudis, but we're not sure of the location."

"How can I help?" Felicia said, her expression advertising her concern.

"What we need to complete the mission is an article of her clothing that had not been laundered or touched."

"I don't know . . . perhaps there's something in her damper.