Chapter No.45. New Kid on the Block.

James was on summer break and after he had done his chores, he decided to take a walk in the park nearby. He couldn't stop thinking about the girl with a serious case of leukemia he had cured. She was the first girl who had paid any real attention to him, and it made him wonder how she was doing.

As if his every wish could materialize, he heard someone call out his name, and he turned around to feast his eyes on a marvelous sight, a beautiful blond girl his age dressed in a tight-fitting pair of skinny jeans and a top that emphasized her ample bust.

"Hello, James," Sylvia sang with a teasing smile.

He had to gather his wits before he responded. "Hi! How are you?"

"I think you know how I am," she replied. "I am like you now."

He tilted his head and offered her a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

"I have superpowers like you have now," she said with an ornery smirk.

"I don't understand. My family and I were born with superpowers to participate in a God experiment."

"Evidently, I was too, but it took you to awaken them in me." She pointed to the sky, which had fluffy cumulus clouds floating in a deep blue sky. "Come follow me, and we'll discuss this."

She flew up into the sky. James followed her to a large cloud that appeared to have a cloud couch on it. He saw her sitting in it as if it were solid, so he joined her, sitting next to her and relaxing.

"Are you operating alone?" he casually asked her.

"No, silly. I am joining with you and your family."

"That's cool! We could have used you when we fought the demon army."

"Do you think your parents will accept me?" Sylvia asked, tilting her head.

"I don't see why not. I'm sure you were destined to be what you are."

She offered him a teasing grin. "We can have some very interesting fun together."

He chuckled. "I'm not sure that's part of the experiment."

"I look forward to working with you," she said in a teasing manner.

James didn't quite know how to handle this new situation. He realized that he had to break it to his parents, and it would cause issues.

Sylvia stood up and then dived down through the cloud. James followed her to the park where he found her standing there waiting on him.

"After you tell your parents, I will meet them."

"Okay," he said, not knowing how to respond to her.

She vanished, and he decided to go back home and discuss it with his parents, but it could wait until supper.

His parents had no idea that their son was about to reveal something that would literally shock them.

"Okay," James said as the evening supper was almost over. "We have a problem."

They both stared at him with wide eyes.

"Remember that girl with a serious case of leukemia that I cured. Her name is Sylvia Wells."

"Are you dating her now?" Robert asked him with a subtle grin.

"I wish it were that simple. It turns out that she's a superhero like us."

"You're kidding!" His father reacted, his brow furrowed.