Chapter No.74. Relativity

Spring was just a few weeks away, but it was still chilly. Robert had covered the swimming pool with an enclosure. Windows circled the enclosure plus an addition that contained the basketball court and a play area.

Attired in string bikinis, Janet and Sylvia were enjoying the pool, while Robert and James, attired in shorts and sneakers, were playing one-on-one basketball. Over in the play area, Baby Jack was playing with Sparky.

Janet watched Sylvia make a twirling dive from a mid-board. She made a perfect entry and swam over to edge and pulled herself up out of the pool.

"I'm surprised the guys aren't over here admiring us," Janet said.

Sylvie gave her a smirk. "Yeah, we've made our bodies look like the babes on a Swimsuit Sports Illustrated cover."

Janet giggled as she ran her hands down over her shapely torso. "I can't believe that I look this sexy."

"We look like we belong in Victoria's Secret commercials," Sylvia said.

They laughed.

"In a way, it's cheating," Janet said. "There is no way that I should look like a sex bimbo."

"Why not? You deserve it."

Janet smiled. "The question is: do they deserve it."

Sylvia giggled. "Nah!"

They laughed.

Over in the basketball court, James noted their levity. "They seem to be having a good time over there."

Robert smiled. "Yeah, they're admiring their sexy bods."

"I'm not sure that's an acceptable superhero attitude."

"We have no idea what's acceptable," Robert said. "We're experimenting with an experiment."

"Sounds like circular reasoning," James responded.

Robert's eyes grew large. "Oh, oh!"

James sighed. "Yeah, I see it!"

They changed into their superhero outfits and teleported to a location seven miles up into the atmosphere. A twelve-meter sized asteroid had plunged into the atmosphere and was about to get hot enough to explode over the city, which would cause serious destruction.

"Let's just move it up and out," Robert said.

"Good plan," James replied.

The asteroid flew back up out into space and sped off on its merry way.

Robert and James appeared back on the basketball court in their shorts and sneakers.

"Let's get cleaned up and call it a day," Robert said. He and James went over to the shower room but found that Janet and Sylvia were there taking showers.

"You guys will have to wait," Janet said after turning her head to look at them.

"This shower room isn't much good for privacy," Sylvia said. "It doesn't have a door."

"It doesn't need one," Robert said. "We're the only ones using it."

"Are you guys done ogling us?" Janet asked with a mock frown.

"We know what you look like," James said with an ornery smirk.

Robert gestured. "Come on, we'll go watch Baby Jack teach Sparky new tricks."

The women laughed.

Robert and James went over to the play area and sat down to watch what Baby Jack was doing. He was holding a large plastic ring and having Sparky jump through it at different altitudes and orientations.