89

VERONICA MALFOY

Theo was pacing, Enzo stared out the window and Blaise was fidgeting with all my stuff as I got dressed. I pulled my heels on and fixed my hair as they talked. All I could think about was Mattheo. Was he going to be here? Will he talk to me? Is he ok? Was he hurt? I had a million questions. "V, I can't focus over the sound of your thoughts." Theo said. I looked up at them and he sighed. "What are you going to say about you-know-what to you-know-who?" Blaise asked. Enzo elbowed him and he went quiet. "I don't know." I said. They just nodded. "You shouldn't talk to him." Theo said. "What?" I exclaimed. "Maybe he's right V. What are you going to say?" And what's the likelihood he'll actually be honest about anything?" Enzo asked. I sighed. "I guess you're right." I said quietly. They nodded. "Let's just go. I want this to be over as soon as possible." I said. Enzo and Blaise walked out but Theo grabbed my hand and stopped me. "I promised Draco I wouldn't let you fall back into his trap. Please let me keep my promise." he said. I smiled. "I will." I said. Truthfully, I had no idea. Mattheo was the most complicated person I've ever met. He made me question my feelings at every turn. But he killed my mother. She's dead. That's unforgivable.

Blaise, Enzo, Theo and I all sat at the table completely silent as the room filled and death eaters came. I stared at the door waiting for him to enter. Eventually, the whole table was full.

Then The Dark Lord came in... Alone. He glanced at me with a smirk. He knew. He knew what I was thinking. Mattheo wasn't there. "He's not here." Theo whispered. "Good," I said. Theo nodded. We all stood up and bowed our heads as The Dark Lord sat down at the head of the table. Once he was seated, we sat again. He scanned the table and his eyes fell on us. "Veronica, where is your brother and Miss. De La Cruz?" he asked curiously. "They are sick." I said. He scoffed. "Haven't I warned you about lying to me?" he said. "Yes My Lord." I said. "So I'll ask once more, where are they?" he asked. "Where's Mattheo?" I retorted. He smirked. "Still so stubborn. I thought the death of your mother would break you down a bit." he said. Theo squeezed my hand under the table. "You mean her murder? She didn't die, she was murdered." I spat. He shrugged. "Same difference," he said. "Not to me." I mumbled. "What was that?" he snapped. "Nothing My Lord. I told you, my brother and Allison won't be here today. I will bear any punishment for that." I said. "Veronica, no!" Blaise said. I shook my head at him and his eyes were full of worry. "Hmm" he said. He just turned his attention to the rest of the death eaters and began talking. He talked about Harry, the Ministry, everything. The War. I don't know why I thought I got off. I should have known. And the worst part, Mattheo isn't coming this time.

The meeting was over and nothing had happened...yet. Then he spoke. "Veronica, please join me in the study. I would like to have a private conversation with you." he said. I felt that pit in my stomach and I let go of Theo's hand. "Wait, V!" he said. I looked at him and smiled. "It's ok." I said. Then I followed him into the study. I knew this was coming. I knew what he was going to do. But it's the only way to protect Allison. The whole damn reason I do any of this is to protect them. If I can't do that, then there's no point. And there has to be a point. I need there to be a reason I did all of this. I need there to be a reason my mother died. So I'll do this. For them.

He shut the door and faced me. "My Lord, with all due respect, we both know that if you wanted to find Draco and Allison, you could. I'm asking you to let me do it." I said. He gave me that cruel grin. "Do what?" he asked. "You know what." I said. "Say it." he said. I sighed. "Whatever needs you have, I'll tend to. Just don't touch Allison." I said. "What if I want her instead?" he asked. "You've taken everything from me. You don't need her too. Whatever you planned to do to her, do it to me." I said. He stepped closer and lifted my chin. "So brave, maybe you belong in Gryffindor." he said. "I don't have the hero complex. I save my friends. I don't care about anyone else." I said. He slowly dragged his finger down the middle of my chest and I tensed up. "Hmm, Mattheo was right about you." he said. I glared at him. "He said you're special. I'm glad you chose my side." he said. I nodded. Then he pushed my head down and I went to my knees. "You better please me, I would hate to have to try out your friend and see if she's any better." he said as I unbuttoned his trousers. I took him in my mouth and did what he wanted. Then he pushed me on the desk. I laid on my back as he pinned my wrists down and kissed my neck and chest. He pulled my underwear down and did it all again. I kept my eyes closed as the tears fell down my face. When he finished, he began to get dressed. I sat up and wiped my cheeks. I needed to know. I just needed to know if he was ok. "Can you please just tell me if he's ok?" I asked. He narrowed his eyes at me and scoffed. "He's alive." he stated.

Then he walked out.