6

VERONICA MALFOY

In the morning, I woke up and showered. I got dressed and headed for the Great Hall. My friends and Draco were already sitting there eating. I walked over and sat down next to Draco. Everyone looked anxious to see how I acted. "Hey V" Allison said. I grabbed Draco's hand and pulled him up.I dragged him outside and to the hallway. "What the fuck?" he said.  "Ok" I said quietly. Draco looked at me. "What?" he said, surprised. "I just wanted to believe somebody loved me. Even though he did what he did, he said he loved me. I guess I needed to believe him." I said. "Ronnie, you do have people who love you. Allison, Blaise, Theo, Enzo, Me. We all love you. You don't need him." he said. I hugged him. "I promise. I won't go back to him. Ever." I said. Draco smiled. "I'm proud of you," he said. We walked back into the great hall and sat down. Everyone looked at us. "I appreciate all of your guy's concern last night. It's over though. I'm done with Marcus." I said. Allison smiled. "You deserve better than him V, really." she said. I nodded. We began to eat and talk about classes and stuff. I felt a weight lifted off my chest. It was better this way, without him. He didn't love me and I didn't love him. I don't need to lie to myself anymore. I noticed everyone stop talking and I looked where they were looking. Marcus had walked in and he was walking over here. Draco stood in front of him. "No fucking way, get out of here." he said. "Move Malfoy, I'm going to talk to my girlfriend." he said. Allison had gotten up too. Theo sat next to me. "We won't let him near you." he whispered. "She's not your girlfriend anymore you prat." she spat. "We know what you did Marcus, I suggest you leave. We won't ask again." Balise said calmly. I looked up and locked eyes with him. I could see the fury in his eyes. "This isn't over you bitch." he spat venomously. Then he stormed out. Everyone sat back down and I was silent. "Are you alright?" Draco asked. "I'm fine." I said. "Are you sure because-" he started. "I said I'm fine." I snapped. I grabbed my bag and started to leave. Draco grabbed my wrist. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I just- I need some air," I said. "I don't want you walking around by yourself," he said. " I don't need a babysitter, I have my wand. I'll be fine." he nodded. I walked out and headed for the Astronomy Tower. I had about 25 minutes before class so I had time. I walked down the empty halls and I had my hand gripping my wand. I looked at all the paintings and I started to relax. Then suddenly, I felt a hand over my mouth and someone grabbed me. My wand was torn from my grip and I was slammed against the wall. Marcus. I struggled against him but he held my wrists and muffled my screams for Draco. "You think we're done? You think you can end things? I own you." he said. I kept screaming for my brother but I knew he couldn't hear me. "We aren't done. If your pathetic brother or any of your pathetic friends say anything, you tell them to mind their own business. This is between you and me." he said. I shook my head. I tried to pull away from him. "I'm going to let go of your mouth and you are going to tell me you understand. If you scream, you will regret it." he said. One scream, that's all I get. Please Draco, please hear me. "Do you understand?" he asked. I nodded. He slowly uncovered my mouth. "Tell me you understand love." he said. I sighed. "Draco!" I screamed. His hand slapped back over my mouth. "You stupid bitch." he said. He threw me to the floor and his foot kicked my ribs. I coughed and gasped for air. He stomped on my wrist and I screamed out in pain. I clutched my hand and curled up. He was just about to kick me again when someone came charging in. Marcus was tackled to the floor. And I crawled back clutching my ribs. My back was pressed against the wall. I watched the person punch Marcus across the face. "Stay the fuck away from her. If you go near Veronica again, it'll be the last thing you ever do." He stood up and turned to face me. "Mattheo?" I said in shock. He knelt in front of me and Marcus scurried away holding his bloody nose. "Are you alright?" he asked. "You- helped me." I said. He just nodded. "Come on, I need to heal you," he said. He helped me up and I just followed him into the girls abandoned bathroom. He pulled out his wand. "Here, give me your wrist," he said. I held out my wrist and he took in his hand gently. "Episkey" he said, pointing his wand at my wrist. I felt the bones heal and the pain go away. He reached out and began to unbutton my shirt. I grabbed his hands. "What the hell are you doing?" I yelled backing away from him. "Don't flatter yourself, I just need to see your ribs." he said smirking. I sighed and unbuttoned my shirt. He opened it a little more and pointed his wand muttering the same spell. He stepped closer to me and buttoned up my shirt. I looked up at him. "Thank you." I said. He turned to leave. "Mattheo-" I said. He stopped and turned around. "Why did you help me?" I asked. He just looked at me and then he walked out.