63

VERONICA MALFOY

Well, at least I don't have to worry about Harry or Draco's task or anything else ever again because I'm pretty sure The Dark Lord is about to kill me.

Every death eater just stared at me and I was frozen. Then Draco and Mattheo ran over. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side. "What the hell were you thinking?" Mattheo exclaimed. "You knew what was going to happen and you did nothing." I said. "Yes. Because it was a direct order from my father. I know well enough not to disobey him." he said. "What did you do Ronnie?" Draco asked. "What I had to do." I said. "You didn't have to do that." Mattheo said. I scoffed. "I won't just sit back and let him die." I said. Mattheo's face fell.

"You know that's my fathers main mission. It's to kill Potter, suddenly you aren't on board with it." he asked. "Ronnie-" Draco started. I looked at Mattheo with anger in my eyes. "No, I suppose not." I snapped. "Veronica, please tell me you're joking. He will kill if he finds out you are 100% percent loyal." he said. I stared at him. "Why, what could possibly-" Mattheo started.

"You love him." Draco stated. My face paled and Matheo froze. "What?" he said. "I know my sister. She feels something for him. I can tell." Draco said. I stared at the floor.

"Tell me that's not true Veronica." Mattheo said. "I don't love him. I love not having the blood of everyone there on my hands. And because of what I did, I don't." I said. "Fucking hell-" he spat. "Mattheo, I love you and I always will. But I won't ignore the fact that I... Maybe I'm not as dark as I thought I could be." I said. His face went blank and he sighed heavily. "I wish you told me that before I tried to make us something." he said. "We can still be something without killing people!" I yelled. "Really? You think my father became this powerful by keeping his fucking hands clean!" he yelled back.

"I did what I had to do and I stand by that." I said calmly. "Oh, is that so?" a dark voice said.

We all whipped around to see The Dark Lord standing behind us. Mattheo stepped in front of me and looked at everyone. "Please, father. She made a mistake, a stupid mistake. She just didn't want her cover-" he started. "Do not try to fool me boy. She disobeyed me and now she will be punished." he said. My heart was pounding so loud I could barely hear Bellatrix laugh at my expense. "Father, you don't need to do this. She didn't-" he started. "Step out of the way,'' he said. "Mattheo, it's ok. Just go. I don't want you to get hurt because of me." I whispered, placing my hand gently on his arm. "I won't let you hurt her." Mattheo said. The Dark Lord just gave us a wicked grin. Then he looked to the other death eaters and nodded. Within a second, they had grabbed Mattheo and Draco and dragged them away from me. "Ronnie!" Draco called out.

Two death eaters grabbed my arms and I struggled in their grip. My heart was racing and I was terrified. "My Lord, I'm sorry for disobeying you. I couldn't risk the creation of any doubt when it comes to Harry and what he thinks of me." I said. The Dark Lord stepped closer and lifted my chin with his wand. "Is that so?" he asked. "Yes. We all know killing Harry belongs to you, so what was the point of that anyway? You didn't need to destroy their home." I said. "I don't owe you any explanations. You are to serve me and not ask questions, or have you forgotten your place?" he snapped. "No, My Lord, I haven't." I said.

He gave me a cruel look and pointed his wand at me. "Crucio" he said. A light flashed and I fell to the floor screaming in pain. I could barely breathe. The pain was so bad. My body shook and I could feel my ribs breaking. I could hear Mattheo and Draco screaming for him to stop. Everytime he stopped, he pauses and then goes again. I lost track after the 4th time. Finally, it ended. I curled over and coughed blood onto the marble floors. Then I collapsed back down and I couldn't move. There was a sheen layer of sweat covering my body and I was shaking. The Dark Lord walked over and looked down at me.

"Have you learned your lesson?" he asked. My voice was hoarse from the screaming but I managed a scratchy weak "Yes". He turned around to face Mattheo and Draco and my brother had tears in his eyes. The Dark Lord looked at Bellatrix and smirked. "What do you think Bellatrix? Has she learned?" he asked. Bellatrix walked over and looked at me with disgust.

"No. She hasn't." she said. My eyes watered and I tried to move. I tried to crawl back but The Dark Lord was too fast. He grabbed my arm and yanked me up. I cried out in pain as he dragged me down the hall. The pain was so blinding I could barely hear Draco and Mattheo screaming for me. "Please My Lord, I'm sorry, please." I said weakly. He dragged me into the study and shut and locked the door. He threw me on the ground and silenced the room

Not Again.

"You have forgotten your place, Veronica," he said. "I haven't, I swear." I said. He scoffed.

"Yes, you have. Get up." he spat. I clung to a chair as I pulled myself up. He roughly pushed me down so I was bent over the desk and pinned my wrists behind my back. "This is your purpose" he said, his words laced with venom. He ripped my dress and pulled down his trousers.

I kept my eyes closed and bit my lip to keep from screaming. Then he finished. I fell to the floor and tried to cover myself. He stood over my shaking body and looked at me.

"Women have one purpose. I don't owe you the honor by serving me in the way your brother and all the men do. If you disobey me again, you will be used for one reason and I know you can do better than that. Are we clear?" he asked. I nodded and he left.