Season 3: 5# Extracting My Spiritual Self

Brad's POV

Last night, Zach, Toby and Tommy were kidnapped by Jschlatt. However, Zach managed to escape Jschlatt's grasp and fought him. Meanwhile, Toby and Tommy were taken to the inaccessible Pandora's Vault in Norwich in the county of Norfolk. Just north-east from Cambridge. And now, Zach has to learn how to extract his spiritual self in order to rescue his friends.

Zach's POV

I am now in the Computer Science classroom trying to find the right time to learn how to extract my spiritual self. Because no one is here, I sat in the corner of the room, turned on my amulet and called Mat but then I realised he's probably sleeping now cuz it's 2 am there in Thailand. Until he managed to pick up.

Zach: Mat, I thought you were sleeping at this time.

Mat: Well, I stay up all night like the guardian I am.

Zach: So I have a question. How do we extract our spiritual selves?

Mat: You just meditate and feel yourself detach from the material world.

Zach: Well, it's easy for me because I always meditate when my previous lives call me.

Mat: But this one is different, you won't be calling your previous lives. Instead, you're just gonna extract yourself and be like a ghost.

Zach: Okay, thank you for telling me.

Mat: You're welcome.

I hung up on Mat and tried to meditate to extract my spiritual self. As soon as I meditated, I can finally extract my spiritual self as if I were a ghost. Until Mr. Tan found me and freaked out big time cuz he thought I was a ghost.

Mr. Tan: Ah! Zach, are you dead?

Zach: No, I just extracted my spiritual self. Please tell me you can see me.

Mr. Tan: Of course I can, only Guardians and Zodiac heroes can see extracted spirits.

Zach: It's just a new skill I learnt from Mat.

Mr. Tan: Mat as in Mathew Baynton? The World War 2 veteran in Thailand?

Zach: Yes.

Mr. Tan: British, isn't he?

Zach: Yeah.

Mr. Tan: Wow.

Zach: I'll go back to my body.

I went back into my body and stood up as soon as Mr. Tan decided to talk about the Dragon Gem. It is safe in my pockets luckily and it had stopped decaying. But I just stumbled as soon as I stood up because I was dizzy.

Zach: Woah.

Mr. Tan: Herron, you okay?

Zach: I feel dizzy.

Mr. Tan: Must be the side effects of Spiritual Extraction.

Zach: How do you know?

Mr. Tan: Guardians like me are required to learn that. However, I learned that you could get dizzy on your first try. But as soon as you mastered it, you won't be dizzy at all and you'll get used to it. Think of it like wearing glasses.

Zach: Okay.

Mr. Tan: So, how's the Dragon Gem?

Zach: Safe with me, Jschlatt didn't take the gem when he was kidnapping it because he couldn't see it.

Mr. Tan: Good, because the potion you used to preserve the gem doesn't allow it to glow.

Zach: Yeah.