Season 2: 2# Dinner

Brad's POV

Zach was chosen by Mr. Tan to temporarily guard the Dragon Gem and protect it at all costs. And prevent ant bad guy from getting it. However, Zach and his team might deal with a threat tonight. Which is why they are going to recruit a new member for their team. And that new recruit would be a Creeper Light Spirit with rare Fire-based abilities.

Zach's POV

Me and my team are walking to the cafeteria and the sun is setting right now. The lamp posts have already turned on but there are no spirits roaming around yet. I believe they come out when it's actually dark and not during sunset.

Toby: Where are the spirits?

Zach: They won't be coming out until it's completely dark.

Toby: Oh.

Tommy: But your pocket is glowing.

Zach: Sorry, what?

Toby: Your pocket is glowing.

Zach: Must be the Dragon Gem. You guys go ahead and have dinner, I need to see Mr. Tan. We'll meet up in the cafeteria.

While my teammates headed to the cafeteria, I went to Mr. Tan's office to ask him about the Dragon Gem and why is it glowing. I did without getting caught by the other professors who were also focused on getting dinner by now.

Zach: Mr. Tan.

Mr. Tan: Zach, how can I help you.

Zach: While I was trying to protect the Dragon Gem, I wanna ask why is it glowing.

Mr. Tan: During the night, the Dragon Gem's power is at it's peak. The energy within the gem is being released. Which is why it's glowing. At this rate, recruiting a new member from Yuansu Park is easy.

Zach: Thanks Mr. Tan.

Mr. Tan: You're welcome, you better head to the cafeteria.

Zach: Oh yeah, I'm looking forward for some dinner.

I walked back to the cafeteria, grabbed some food and went to my team. We're quietly eating until Tubbo asked me about the Dragon Gem. About why was it glowing in my pocket earlier.

Toby: So why did the Dragon Gem glow?

Zach: It's because at night, the Dragon Gem's power is at it's peak. The energy within the gem is being released, with enough power to recruit a Yuansu Park spirit.

Tommy: Wow, this gem is so interesting.

Zach: But we gotta be careful with it, even when the power is at it's peak, it is more prone to megalomaniac spirits who want all the power in the world. We don't want it falling into the wrong hands.

Toby: You're probably right.

Ranboo: What are you guys talking about?

Zach: The Dragon Gem. It is usually used by the Zodiac Heroes to recruit non-Dragon spirits into their team. Sometimes they don't have to because sometimes, the chosen spirit is used to replace an old Dragon spirit.

Ranboo: Wait, so I was chosen to replace someone?

Zach: Yeah, Vanessa.

Ranboo: But I don't have any poison powers like her.

Zach: In some cases, the person replacing the old spirit doesn't have the same power as their predecessor. Like Tommy and Toby here who have different powers but they were chosen to replace Louis and Selena.

Tommy: My predecessor was a woman?

Zach: Yes.

Tommy: Great. But I still can't get over the fact that there are not much women here.