Ghostface

⛓️ Killian ⛓️

"Great job man, that Ponetro guy didn't know what hit him when they put Killian the Serpent on his case." Cain, my co-worker, praised as he clapped my back.

I chuckled at the nickname I received but I was feeling somewhat proud about my achievements today.

I'm not a detective for only our mafia's sake, but because I actually enjoy it.

I get drunk off the feeling of knowing that I stopped someone from hurting any more people and I just love the thrill of the chase my job gives me.

It was actually after I got this job that Dominic requested I keep track of what other mafias were up to.

And I wanted to help my brother in any way that I could, so I agreed.

As I made my way towards the exit, everyone I pass by greets or waves at me.

Not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty popular around here.

It has been dark outside for quite a while now, the only light being the mini streetlights scattered around the parking lot.

When I finally close the door to my car, a deep sigh escapes my mouth.

I rest my forehead gently on the steering wheel as the never ending thoughts rush through my head.

The silence only making them louder.

Different emotions hit me all over again when I remembered what had happened to my sister.

I tried to get my mind away from it by distracting myself with work but once I'm alone, it's all I can think about.

No person should've gone through something like that, let alone my sister who was only 8 years old.

My sister, who came out stronger than ever, but had to do it alone.

And that's what truly made my heart shatter into a million tiny pieces.

She had to grow up at the age 8, she had to make money somehow to make sure she wouldn't be starving on the side of the road, she had to get through life on her own.

But what broke me the most was imagining a little Leonessa, who was shot by her own adoptive father, alone on a hospital bed knowing that the only family she thought she had was now gone.

All because of some mentally unstable psycho who physically harmed someone else's child, to make the sick delusion his mind had created a reality.

Leonessa had been through so many hardships and we weren't there to help her through it.

But it's different now because she's back and there are still many more important steps she has to take in her life.

And this time we'll all be right next to her, every step of the way.

With a new found energy, I start the car and reverse out of the parking space.

It's been a long week and it's time to go home.

Back to my family.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I quietly close the door behind me and softly put down my keys on the glass table.

I cringed as the keys made an unecessarily loud noise the moment they touched the the table.

I don't understand how something, that wouldn't bother anyone in the day time, can make such a huge ruckus.

Make it make sense please.