A birthday gone wrong

It was Dominic's birthday today.

Yes, Dominic's birthday.

I too forgot that he was an actual human being with a birthday and not a robot who could possibly kill me in my sleep like one of those evil robots from I, Robot.

Hell I didn't even know what his birthday was until Killian let it slip during breakfast.

It's not like he was prancing around like a puppy, making his birthday known to the world. Just imagine him doing that.

"Sooo, what you do wanna do for your birthday Dominicky?" Flynn asked as he was lying on the L-shaped couch flat on his stomach. His left hand was perched under his chin whilst the right hand was holding the remote, scrolling through Netflix. His feet were swaying back and forth like a teenage girl does in movies.

I stare at him as I started doubting his sanity.

"For the eighth time, we're not doing anything for my birthday Flynn." Dominic sighs from the dining table behind us as he types away on his laptop. The clicking being kind of satisfying.

"Well we have to do something." Piped Killian in.

"Yeah, and it doesn't even have to be something big, maybe just a family dinner with a birthday cake. We can all even dress a little formal, just to make it a little more fun. We'll also invite aunt Evangeline." I bargained.

"That doesn't sound too bad." Dominic said after a while as he rubbed his chin in thought.

"Alright then, problemo solved. Everyone ok with that?" I asked and they all nodded their heads followed by a 'yeah' or 'yes'.

"I'm fine with that but do we have to invite aunt Evangeline? She's just so... annoying." Hayden said and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Yes, we do because she's family now if you'll excuse me I have to go do some wo- stuff." I said but caught myself before I could say 'work'.

It was only Dominic and Killian who noticed my slip up but they didn't say anything. They only shot me questioning looks which I chose to ignore.

They can't know, not yet.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A few hours later and I was dressed in a long sleeved, off-the-shoulder, black dress that went just above my knees, with black flats for shoes.

I walked down the stairs with Dominic's present in hand, just as the doorbell rang.

Everyone groaned when they heard the sound but didn't make a move to go open the door.

"Lazy asses." I mumbled. I opened the door only to be blinded by a flash of silver.

I blinked to make my eyes adjust to the blinding light and when I could fully open my eyes I was met with aunt Evangeline dressed as a disco ball.

Ok not literally but I could've just as well hung her up on the ceiling, make her rotate and no one would notice a thing.

"Wow, you look uh...dazzling, aunt Evangeline." I say as it was the only believable compliment I could think of.

"Oh thank you darling!" She exclaims as she walks past me and into the house.

I could hear a 'Holy shit!' from Blake and a 'My eyes!' from Flynn as I closed the door.

"Alright guys let's do the presents first and then we can eat dinner." I say as I walk into the living room.

Once everyone was seated we started going from oldest to youngest with aunt Evangline going first.

She got him a pair of bunny slippers.

Almost everyone bursted out laughing except Dominic who just gave an awkward 'thanks' and put the slippers as far away from him as possible.

Killian gave him a new Rolex watch, Hayden gave him a new black leather suitcase for his work stuff since his old one was worn out, Blake got him a few vouchers for multiple clothing stores and Flynn gifted him a little booklet full of hand made coupons like a 'Get one free hug from Flynn' coupon.

(Man I LOVE Flynn! who's with me?🖐️)

Then it was finally my turn.

I walked over and sat next to him. I handed him a small, black gift bag.

He looked slightly confused when he pulled out a black, velvet ring box.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats as they tried to see what was in the box as Dominic opened the lid.

He stopped moving and his eyes went wide as he stared at the shining black ring with rosegold linings.

I took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto his pointer finger.

As expected it looked totally badass.

Suddenly I was wrapped into a hug with someone's chin on my shoulder.

"Thank you fiore (flower), it's beautiful." Dominic said as he hugged me tighter. I slightly hugged him back as his cologne invaded my senses.

"It's meh." I say plainly and he only chuckled.

After the gift exchange everyone headed to the dining table as it was already decorated with delicious food.

We laughed, ate and laughed some more. Everything was great and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves which made me feel...happy.

But all good things must come to an end.

I guess I was the first to notice since everyone else was still chatting among themselves, but instantly knew something was wrong when I saw a type of fog, that was visisble under the ceiling lights, move across the room.

But it was already too late.

Whatever the fog was, it was coming in fast and it was clear everyone had already breathed it in.

I tried to stand up but my legs felt like jelly as I fell to the floor.

I could hear people call my name but it was muffled, like I was under water, and my vision started to get clouded.

The last thing I thought before I blacked out was,

'Damn, we didn't even get cake.'

And then, I was gone.

🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙

Gosh Damn that escalated quickly😮

Well... HAPPY BIRHDAY DOMINIC🥳

Buh bye👻