Hi, I'm Leonessa

"No you dipshit, it should've been here by 10:30!" I look down at my watch, "It's 5:30 in the afternoon!"

He keeps spluttering apologies and excuses until I cut him off, "Make sure it's here by 9 o'clock tomorrow morning or I promise I will get you and everyone in that damn company fired!" With that I hang up.

I don't know how people with the IQ of a hotdog get these types of jobs, it just boggles my mind.

Anyways, hi I'm Leonessa, just a normal girl with a normal life ( If you know you know ;) )

But I actually go by Vanessa as a supossed stage name for my more social events. Just a safety measure, you never know in this world we live in.

I'm currently in my office dealing with idiots who can't do what they're told to do and yes you read that right my beautiful reader, I own a business.

I know what you're thinking, "Girl how in the hell are you running a business? You're only 14!" Well for what it's worth I'm turning 15 in a few months which is the legal age to start working in most countries. Besides, no one knows who I am except for my secretary/ bestfriend.

Just imagine how people would react, they'd be like, "Goodness gracious! How can a young child like herself run such a fine establishment alone?" Like bro, just because I'm smarter than your old ass, doesn't mean you can discriminate.

Diamands & Pearls is the most successful company in the fashion industry. We specialise in jewels and stones that my company dig up around the world and form it into any kind of jewelry you desire. We're also the most famous clothing brand in formal attire such as ball gowns, cocktail dresses and tuxedo's that also showed up on every important runway in the world. To say I'm proud is a fucking understatement.

Just as I was about to continue gloating about my amazing success the phone rang for the 34th time today and yes I keep count because that's what a good businesswoman does so take notes.

"Hello, this is Vanessa speaking." I said with a big fake smile to help with my fake happy-go-lucky tone to make the person on the other side think that I want to talk to them. Once again, take notes people.

"Ahh Vanessa, the famous fashion prodigy who owns Diamonds And Pearls, what an honour truly." A laid back voice said languidly and I instantly had a bad feeling that this call wasn't going to be one of the good ones I'll have today.

"Yes how may I help you sir?" I inquired, the smile on my face becoming more forced.

"Jared Stern is the name my dear Vanessa and I want to collaborate you."

Oh.

Jared fucking Stern.

This bastard would appear on the news once a week for some type of embezzlement or accounting scandal which pops up for a few hours before it just disappears. He probably bribes the few reporters of these tabloids to keep their mouths shut to keep his clean record from becoming tainted.

"May I ask what you have in mind Jared Stern?" I inquired to humor him and quite honestly myself. Oh don't judge me like that, I need at least a little laughter throughout my day.

"Let me give you a little insight here Vanessa, if you work together with me I can make bigger than you ever were." He said with over excitement, trying his best to convince me.

"You're saying you can make me bigger than I am right now, are you calling me fat?"

The absolute silence that came from the other end made it extremely hard not to burst out in laughter.

"Uh n-no no, I meant in the money and fame aspect Vanessa, and I bet that you are a very beautiful woman and not fat at all. " He started by stuttering but at the end of his sentence I didn't know if I wanted to throw up then and there or laugh like a cackling witch. He didn't give me a chance to do either before he spoke again.

"All I need from your side of this obviously amazing deal is a measly 35% of your company shares and we can instantly start to pave our road to success. What do you say?"

A measly 35%?! Is this dumb dumb deranged or just mantally deficient? Maybe he's both because this guy is just plain stupid.

"Alright I had my fun so let's stop this here. Listen to me very clearly JaReD StErN since your ego is big enough to block those things that are attached to your head called ears or maybe it's the wax, if so I could recommend a doctor for that. Anyway, you're probably one of those people who think they're so much bigger and mightier than everybody else but let me tell you something, it is estimated that each universe contains more than 100 billion galaxies which can all add up to about 2 trillion galaxies that we know sqaut about so if that doesn't scare the living shit out of you or makes you feel smaller than an atom then you are more delusional than I thought. But you should know that I am, in your own words, bigger than you. If it's my personality or your oh so precious money and fame but always remember that I, a mere woman, is so much more successful than you will ever be. I'd say it was a pleasure talking to you but it really wasn't so kindly fuck off." I stated before slamming the phone down.

Holy ducks was that funny and exhausting at the same time.

"Vinny! We're calling it a day, I'm absolutely done with these people who obviously have peanuts for brains."

He runs into my office with a relieved face. "Finally, I have a date with this cute barista guy at 7 and it takes a long time to look this good you know." He says as he flips his imaginary hair.

I met Vinny when I was around 10 years old. I was on a walk to clear my head when I saw his 19 year old sitting next to a bar dumpster, drunk and crying into his arms.

He found out that his boyfriend of 3 years, with whom he was living with, cheated on him so he stormed out their apartment and decided to drink his problems away. I got all that from drunk mumbling, so go ahead and praise me.

I felt sorry for him so I took him back to the small apartment I was living in at the moment. I let him sleep on my couch and gave him breakfast the next morning. That led to the wonderful friendship we have today.

He was with me through every late night of studying and trying to get my business noticed and I was with him through his breakup and helped him get back on his feet.

We became bestfriends and I hired him as my secretary, which he was super happy about.

"Yeah, yeah get out of here." I give him a smile as I started getting my things together.

"Thanks Nessa, see you tomorrow." He grins and starts to walk away.

"Of course, see you tomorrow."

If only I knew.

🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙

Well that was an adrenaline rush

Chapter was a bit short, but I guess that's normal.

✨What's your favourite colour✨
Mine's pastel pink and lime green

Hope to see you in the next chapter👻👻👻