That makes more sense

♟️ Dominic ♟️

I am nervous.

And I am uncomfortable.

Two things I haven't felt in a very, very long time.

Her eyes, that looked like lakes surrounded by broken ice, bored into mine.

It looked like she could see right through me, as if I were an open book.

And I was never an open book.

The room was silent. Even with the boys standing against the wall in my office, they didn't dare say a word.

My leg was bouncing up and down, a nervous habit I noticed me and Leonessa share, whilst rubbing my knuckles under the table, making sure no one was able to see it.

"Am I making you nervous Dominic?" She asked with a cold, calm voice.

She was sitting on a chair across from me, with one leg over the other. Her elbows were resting on both armrests and her hands were placed in her lap.

She looked unbothered but made it look so professional. Something only an experienced businessman/woman was able to do.

Hmm, that's suspicious, that's weird.

Juju was right beside her sitting proudly next to her, just like a watchdog, whilst she would rub his head now and then.

He was over the moon when he saw her in the kitchen earlier this morning.

The poor thing was constantly in her room, whining and wimpering when he realised she wasn't there.

I'm just relieved Leonessa doesn't have a concussion with how Juju tackled her to the floor.

"No." I cleared my throat when it slightly cracked.

I shot Killian a glare when he coughed into his hand, obviously trying to hide his laugh.

I looked back at Leonessa when she started speaking.

"I believe you know why we are here and what I want to talk about, right?" She stated as she slowly tapped her finger against her hand whilst looking directly into my eyes.

"What exactly do you want to know Leonessa?" I asked trying to be as intimidating as her but I didn't get any reaction.

Just a small, uncomforting smile.

(Ok it's official... Leonessa is a badass QUEEN PERIODT✨👑)

"What is it that you actually do Dominic? And don't you dare say it's your company because you and I both know I didn't suffer alone in a desert because of your dumbass company!" She said as she began to raise her voice.

You could literally see the sweat shining on all my brother's foreheads as they saw how angry their sister was getting.

And I can't deny the fact that I was nervously working up a sweat myself.

She is fucking scary.

I took a deep breath as I mentally prepared myself for her reaction for what I'm about to say.

"We're in the Mafia, Leonessa and I'm the leader of the Serrendo's, commonly known as the Greek/Italian Mafia. It is true that Killian works as a detective but it's only because he gets inside information for me. Hayden is a hacker for both my company and the Serrendo's and the twins will decide if they want to take part in the Mafia once they graduate highschool. There is someone who is trying to take us down by hurting/killing you since they see you as our weakness, we don't know who it is yet but we're working on it." I blurted out and all the boys' breaths hitched.

I looked at Leonessa, expecting a frightened or disgusted look but I was shocked to be met with a blank face.

The room was silent for what felt like hours until she broke it.

"OH SHIT! THAT MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE!"

She threw her head back and started full out laughing.

She kept on laughing until she wheezed as she clenched her stomach.

"Gosh Dominic, is that it? Is that really it?" She asked once she catched her breath.

"Y-yes? Was that not what you were expecting?" I questioned not really comprehending what was going on as we all stared at her with confused expressions.

"Bro, I thought you were in a CULT! I was seriously planning on calling in a few favoures to get a priest here and cleanse your soul! I even thought Axel was in on it too when I saw how he covered up for you!" She exlaimed as she wiped a tear that formed when she was busy dying of laughter.

"S-so you're not scared of us, like at all?" Flynn asked sceptically as he fidgeted with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Do you hurt or kill innocent people?" She asked as she looked at me.

"No." I answered immediately.

"Participate in human trafficing?"

"Nope."

"Do drugs of any kind?"

"Never did and never will."

"Hurt animals in any way?"

"Not at all."

"Then we're good." She stated and crossed her arms as she leaned back into her chair.

"Ok now that we got that out of the way, what is it that you do Leonessa?" I asked still a bit confused by her quick acceptance but not enough to forget about how weird she's been acting lately.

Her face instantly turned blank again, no trace of humour from before in sight.

"What do you mean Dominic?" She asked as she leaned slightly forward, her arms still crossed.

(WhEn yOu NoD YoUr hEaD yEs bUt YoU wAnNa sAy nO WhAt Do yOu mEan – sorry...)

"Don't think we haven't noticed Leonessa." Killian stated as he came to stand next to me.

"I mean those three may be too dumb to notice your weird behaviour, but we sure as hell aren't." He continued which got a few protests from the said three.

She sighed out loud as she knew that she's been caught.

"Well then I guess it's my turn to tell a story." She stated as she looked down at her lap.

"It all began when I was 6."

🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙

Y'all are NUTS for 41k reads🥜🥜 But I appreciate all my jellyfishies✨✨

Byeee👻👻