Chapter 11

When they woke up all five teens were in their own cell. But it wasn't like the ones they were in before. It was smaller, the walls were somewhat cushioned, only a toilet and a bed were in the room along with a small desk. The door was reinforced but they could see straight through it. Diamond woke up, rubbing her head. Thinking the door was glass, she tried to kick through, only causing her to fall back in pain. "OW! Ugh... Wait... SMOKE! MIDNIGHT! FADE! MYSTIC! Are you there?!" she cried.

If there was one thing Diamond hated, it was being alone. Rouge had accidentally left her keys at their home one day when Diamond was around four. When Rouge couldn't get inside, Diamond was traumatized thinking that she was never coming back for her. Even though it only lasted ten minutes the day it happened, she was scarred forever. "Let me out! Please! I can't! I'm sorry! Please!" she begged, banging on the glass of the prison. "I don't wanna be here! I just want my friends! I'm sorry!" she cried, shrinking down to the ground, scratching the glass.

Smoke tried breaking the glass in his own prison. But nothing was working. He could hear Diamond screaming from the other end of his own prison. "Diamond!" he shouted. He didn't get anything back. "Diamond! I'm here!" he cried. He tried breaking the glass once more but the glass barely reacted every time it was hit. 

In another cage, Fade was trying to take breaths. She didn't like being in small spaces all by herself. She was starting to panic. She banged on the glass, smacking it hard. "C'MON!" she shouted angrily. Without any of the alarms going off, part of the cage was starting to weaken. This was the only way she was going to get to the rest of them. "Stay strong..." she begged, trying to break out the door.

Waking up in shock, Mystic barely sat up, trying to collect his thoughts. That was before he realized his hands were cuffed. He tried to pry them off. But nothing he tried worked. His powers were being sedated in some way. He got up to walk to the glass door, but just as he did, a pair of chains pulled him back. Mystic fell on the floor with a thud. The door was just inches away. Yet it was so far. Prying was only hurting his wrists. This was probably the first time he's ever been this scared. "SMOKE! FADE! DIAMOND! PLEASE!" he cried.

While the others were in their own cage, Midnight was in something completely different. Seeing no other options, they place her inside a pod. She was unconscious, not moving whatsoever. Brought before Queen Elise who was wondering what to do about their situation. "So... this is the one who's been causing all the problems?" she asked her Council. "She's not the only one, my queen. There are four other accomplices who were at her side. They wrecked the town." Knuckles explained briefly.

She tapped her chin, wondering what to do. "Well... any suggestions? I... I would say we send them back to their town. But with our Chaos Emeralds still missing and the threat against our own home, that might not be the best idea." she replied. "You'd be wise not to your Majesty. From what we've observed, they're stronger than most others around here. I'm worried that releasing these five will only cause destruction. But... keeping these five like this would be inhumane! We're better than that!" Silver added.

"He's right. If we were to keep them like this, nothing would probably change their behavior. It'd just make it worse!" Cream replied. Queen Elise sighed and placed her hand on the pod's glass. Turning to the cameras set up, she saw how the others were struggling to cope here. "As much I wish I could let them free, we don't have anything to back up against these teens if something were to go wrong. I just don't see how we could let them go out into the town without another thought. They have no respect, no boundaries, no remorse for anything they do wrong. Which isn't exactly their fault. So... what should we do that isn't going to break our code?" she asked.

Before they could answer, the doors to their council room opened up, guards at the side of Astro and Catrina. "Your Majesty, the children wished to speak with you." the taller one replied.

Shocked, the others tried to say something. Elise stopped them before they could. "I see you've come. You are not children of the Council Members. State your case." she ordered. Both teens bowed respectfully, briefly, before he turned to look at the others. "Listen... with all due to respect your Majesty, what we're doing is wrong. They shouldn't be kept like this or treated this way! Who are we to cage them? I don't think it's right. We couldn't possibly be doing this. Both of us know this isn't presented but... we knew we had to say something." Astro began.

Elise faintly smiled, knowing they were thinking the same thing. "If we were in their shoes, we know you wouldn't be doing this to us. Treating them differently isn't going to make anything in this town better. Couldn't we try to help them? Our friends would be able to come up with something!" Catrina cried. That's when both got down and bowed deeply. "We'll take responsibility for whatever happens... But we should be able to give them the best chance possible in this world. Just... think about it..."

With a smile, Elise stood up and smiled. "I will grant you your plea!"