Corbin Reinhardt | shock

summary: overnight at pennhurst asylum
warnings: spirits
word count:374

we'd been at the asylum for a couple of hours now, the only light that was available was from evans camera. it was cold and eerie, just as most of our trips are.

we found a big room with a bed inside and decided to investigate here.

we put the spirit box in the middle of the bed and elton first asked, "you keep saying 40. is that the age one of us is going to die?"

corbin and i's face drop. why did he have to ask such a question?

then corey asks, "did you die when you were 40?"

officially

corbin repeats, "officially!"

we obviously asked it to give us a sign that it's here and to touch any of the devices in the room. and after we asked it, the room got even colder than it already was.

i picked up the dowsing rods and said, "if you are an evil spirit, make the rods cross outwards."

and there they go, spinning inwards. which is a good sign.

"if you are between corbin and i, make them go outwards."

the rods go that direction, and my eyes widen in fear. "you're kidding."

"corey usually does them and gets a ton of activity, but (name) is getting a hell of a lot more."

corbin agrees, moving closer and rubbing my back gently.

i take a deep breath and ask one last question, a question i never would thought to ask, but here i am. "can you maybe toux or pull my shirt to let me know that you're actually here?"

they cross. and not even a second later, something pulls down at my shirt and everyone in the room could see it.

i drop the rods back down quickly. freaking out i try and fix my shirt as if it got wrinkly.

"oh my fucking god. that just happened."

"y'all saw that right? i'm not crazy?"

"no we definitely saw that."

i walk to corbin and hug him. "i'm freaking out."

"i know. we're going to take a break, we can just hang out for a couple minute, okay?" he kisses my forehead and leads me to the area were sleeping in.