Jake Webber | His Parents

Summary: dating jake for a year, you decide it's time to meet his parents

Warnings: None

Word Count: 544

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You quickly called your boyfriend Jake, who came dashing up the stairs at your beckoning.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked, his eyes dancing with anticipation.

"What time are we leaving again?" you asked, wanting to make sure you were punctual for your meeting with his parents.

"We have to leave in about five minutes," he answered, a wide smile stretching across his face.

You let out a laugh, rushing to throw on some nice clothes to impress his parents.

You'd been dating Jake for a whole year, and meeting his parents had been a topic of discussion for some time. Now, the big day had finally arrived, and you couldn't help but feel the nervous butterflies fluttering in your stomach. This was a significant step in your relationship, and you wanted to make a good first impression.

"I'm ready," you said, taking a deep breath to calm your nerves. "Let's go meet your parents, Jake."

He comes into the room and looks you up and down, "You clean up well. I mean damn, you're gorgeous," He kisses your cheek and leads you to his car.

———

The car ride to Jake's house was filled with laughter and music, the two of you singing along to classic One Direction hits, before you realized that you had arrived at your destination.

"Oh my god, we're here," you said, suddenly feeling your nerves return. Your hands shook as a wave of dizziness washed over you.

Jake sensed your anxiety and reached for your hand. "Hey, baby, look at me," he said, his voice soft and reassuring. "No matter what happens in there, remember that I'll always love you, even if my parents don't."

You frowned, your voice tinged with concern. "But Jake, your parents are important to you. Family comes first."

Jake gave your hand a gentle squeeze. "Yes, family is important, but so are you. You're incredibly important to me, and if my parents can't see that, then that's their loss. Come on, let's do this together."

He stepped out of the car and came around to open your door, offering a smile that filled you with a sense of strength. With his hand in yours, you took a deep breath and entered the house, ready to face whatever lay ahead.

"Thanks."

———
It was halfway through dinner, and they absolutely adored you. You told them about becoming a screen writer, and they were thrilled. Then, you told them some of your own back story and about your past, and they were in awe.

'Thank you so much for dinner, Mrs.Webber. It was incredible."

"Of course, darling." she smiles at you and you hug her and her husband good bye.

'That went better than I thought." You remarked, relief washing over you. "I was so nervous, but your parents were so warm and welcoming."

Jake grinned, squeezing your hand as he started the engine. "I knew they'd love you. How could they not?"

You blush, feeling a surge of happiness at the thought of being accepted by Jake's family. It was a step in the right direction for your relationship, and you couldn't wait to see what was next.