Evan butka | Restless Nights

summary: you can't sleep at night and evan helps

Warnings: Fatigue, insomnia 

Word count: 292

Sleep eludes you tonight like a rogue bandit, no matter how hard you try to catch it. Your thoughts are racing, your body restless. It's a vicious cycle, one that's become all too familiar. The exhaustion from being up since dawn is weighing heavily on you.

You're not one of those night owls that thrive in the wee hours of the morning. Nope, you prefer the crisp, early hours of the day, which makes this sleeplessness all the more frustrating.

Tossing and turning for what feels like hours on end, you finally decide that you need to get out of bed. Perhaps a little walk around the house will do the trick. You creep out of the bedroom, trying your best not to wake your peacefully slumbering boyfriend.

As you pad into the living room, you can't help but wonder if you're doomed to wander the halls until morning, or if there's some small chance that sleep will finally claim you.

You quietly navigate your way down the stairs, your thoughts meandering to a vague memory of your parents mentioning strawberry milk's magical sleep-inducing powers. Whether it's an actual fact or a half-remembered childhood myth, it's worth a shot.

As you're sipping your glass of strawberry milk, you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around, and there's Evan, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Hey," he greets, noticing your nocturnal excursion.

"I'm sorry," you apologize. "Did I wake you up?"

"Nah," he responds, yawning. "Elton called about a video."

"I can't sleep," you admit, feeling somewhat relieved that he's not bothered by your restlessness.

Evan flashes a compassionate smile, pouring himself a glass of milk. "How about we finish these, go back to bed, and I'll stay awake until you fall asleep?"

His suggestion is both simple and reassuring. Maybe it's just the comfort of knowing you're not alone in your struggle, but you feel a sense of calm wash over you as you smile back at him.

"Are you sure?" you ask, still feeling a twinge of guilt for interrupting his much-needed rest.

Evan gives a reassuring shake of his head, his eyes warm and understanding. "I want you to get some rest. That's more important right now."

You can't help but feel grateful for his concern. "You're amazing," you say with a smile.

Evan takes your hand and guides you back to the bedroom. You slip into bed and nestle against him, feeling the tension in your body start to melt away. As sleep finally claims you, the last thing you hear is his loving voice whispering, "I love you."

In those moments, you realize that sometimes, the remedy for sleepless nights is as simple as knowing you're loved. The gentle touch of the person who cares for you, the feeling of being seen and heard, can make all the difference in the world. And tonight, that's exactly what Evan has provided for you.