Colby brock | Stuck with you

Summary: "I think I'm in love with you, and that scares me."

Warnings: none

Word count: 435

───── ─────

"Anyone seen Colby?" you asked, a hint of concern creeping into your voice. You had been searching for Colby for a while now, and neither you nor the guys seemed to know where he was. You couldn't help but wonder if your worry was a bit clingy, considering you were just friends. But friends could be clingy, right?

Just as the thought crossed your mind, Colby appeared around the corner of the kitchen and sat down next to you at the bar. "I heard you were looking for me," he said, his presence immediately easing your worries.

"Heh, yeah."

"Hey there," you greeted Colby, a slight edge of curiosity in your voice. "What's up?"

Colby looked at you, his expression serious yet tender. "I wanted to tell you something," he confessed.

"Go for it," you encouraged, sensing the weight of his words.

Taking a deep breath, Colby blurted out, "Ithinkiminlovewithyouanditscaresme."

You tilted your head, a little taken aback by his rapid-fire confession. "Could you repeat that for me?"

Colby took a moment to compose himself before enunciating each word with deliberate care. "I think I'm in love with you, and it scares me."

A smirk tugged at your lips, relief and joy mingling in your heart. "Well, that's a good thing, because I'm in love with you too."

Colby's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, seriously? But what about that guy you went on a date with?"

You shook your head, a playful glint in your gaze. "That wasn't a date. I just wanted to see how you'd react if I actually went on one."

"You piece of shit," he chuckled, playfully nudging you with his elbow. "Seriously, though, what did you do when you saw me with that guy?"

Colby's expression turned sympathetic. "I sat in my room and cried to Sam about it."

Feeling his arms wrap around you in a comforting hug, you leaned into his embrace. "I don't want you to cry over me," You murmured.

Smiling, he replied, "It's okay now. Everything turned out alright in the end."

Colby's lips curled into a grin as he intertwined his fingers with yours. "Yeah, because we're in this together. You're stuck with me for a long time, so you'd better get used to it."

You gazed into his eyes, feeling your heart swell with love. "I love you," you whispered.

Colby's smile widened, and he pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead. "I love you more," he replied, his voice full of warmth and affection.