Jake Webber | Hide and Seek

Summary: you play hide and seek with the group and feelings are revealed

Warnings: None

Word Count: 419

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey, guys! Welcome back to my channel. Today I'm with y/n, Kevin, Corey, jake, Colby, kat, cassie, Elton, and Reggie!" Sam exclaims pointing to each and every one of us.

"We're diving into a game of hide and seek. The rules are simple: if you get caught first, you're 'it' next. And if you manage to be the last one standing, you're the winner," Sam chuckles.

"Each of the players has a GoPro attached to them. So you'll get all angles. let's start, who wants to be it first?"

"Me!" Reggie says and he starts counting with his eyes closed.

******

Reggie found everyone except for you and Jake. You both opted to hide together in a cramped room, but you weren't complaining. Your feelings for Jake had lingered since high school back in Kansas.

"Y/n?! Jake?! Where the hell are you?"

You struggled to suppress laughter as Reggie stood right outside the closet, still oblivious to your hiding spot.

You yawned, "Shit, I didn't mean. Oh god, hopefully, he didn't hear that."

"I don't think he did. Reggie can be kind of an airhead sometimes," Jake laughs.

"That's true," you admitted, unconsciously leaning your head on Jake's shoulder. In response, Jake put his arm around you, bringing you closer.

"Gotcha!" Reggie unlocked the door and gasped.

"Aw, this is so cute! Look at the two lovebirds!"

The group walks in and is greeted by the sight of you and Jake snuggled closely. They stare in awe at the unexpected scene.

"That is pretty darn cute," Sam admits.

"And that's the cue to get up, cmon Jake," you grab his hand and pull the both of you up.

"Oh, yeah."

*****

After a few more rounds of hide and seek, everyone went home. Besides Kat and Colby.

"Jake? Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure, let's go to my room," you walk with him and sit on his bed.

"What's up?"

"I wanted to tell you something. And I don't know how you'll react, but I really like you and wanted to know if you wanted to go on a date with me?"

"I would love to," Jake smiles and hugs you.

"Oh, okay. Great. Uh, Take out? Wait, that's not a date. Um, I don't have any fancy clothes so."

"Take out is fine with me, we can just do that and watch a movie."

"That sounds amazing."