kitchen conversations // selever

every night you have nightmares, and selever's not having any of it.

not requested :) sorry if this kinda sucks, i was trying to see what would happen if i had no plot and let my mind do the work. i swear the next ones will be great!

- another a/n 

sorry if you got told that i made a new chapter, i just felt like changing the title, so i haven't added any more onto this :0

you shot awake, looking around to only see complete darkness and the slight glow from underneath the crack of your door a few feet away. sweat gathered at your neck as you calmed yourself down from the nightmare you're already pushing back into the confines of your mind. 

you swung your feet over the side of the bed, slipping out into the hallway to go over to the kitchen. the church seemed to be louder at night, every step causing a creak in the floorboards. 

"it's like i'm louder than fucking ruv," you growled silently. after a long time of cussing out the church and why it was louder at night, you finally arrived at the kitchen. you grabbed a cup from the cupboard and proceeded to get water from the sink, even though you hated tap water. only then did you realize that you were still thinking about that dream to the point where you were letting moonlight be the only source of light to help you get around. 

you quickly started to search for a light switch, grasping at the walls until you felt the telltale lever. the sudden blast of light made you blink your eyes a few times before you went back to your deserted cup of water. staring at the window, you didn't notice the figure coming closer from behind you.

"hey, roach, whatcha doin' here at this time?" selever threw his arm around your shoulder, making you spit your water out.

"can you at least warn me next time, asshat?" you got out of his grasp and went to get a paper towel to clean the counter and floor.

"nah, its fun seeing you jump at things that aren't even scary. like i even started saying my sentence before i touched you," he smirked.

you rolled your eyes, continuing to wipe.

"anyways, you didn't answer my question," selever grabbed a popsicle out the freezer.

"i could ask you the same question."

"that's not answering my question."

"it's nothing. i just woke up." you threw your cup into the sink.

"i bet you were dreaming about me and wanted to see me," selever chomped on the popsicle, making you question how the fuck that didn't hurt his teeth.

"you wish, shithead," you started to go back to your room.

"you know i'm right!" he called out after you, which made you turn around and catch a glimpse of him grinning after you.

- - - - - -

the bed squeaked from under you as you tossed and turned, trying to fall asleep again. you thought that the nightmare was only going to be for a day, but it happened again today. you didn't feel like having another selever confrontation, so here you were, trying to feel comfortable in your own bed.

you thought about going to heat up some milk, and decided why not, since selever wouldn't be there two nights in a row just for a popsicle. this time, you narrowly avoided all the creaky areas, except for one, which was conveniently in front of selever's room.

last time you checked, he was a heavy sleeper, so you didn't worry about it too much. you arrived at the kitchen, making sure this time to turn the lights on. you got a mug and poured some milk in, putting it into the microwave. you stared at the timer aggressively, making sure you can stop it at one second so it doesn't wake up the whole fucking church.

but once again, selever was not here to make your life easy.

"there's gotta be something wrong with you, fishface," selever popped out of nowhere again.

"you too, asswipe, because you're awake too." you rolled your eyes, still staring at the timer.

"i play games through the night. you go to sleep like right after 12, so i don't know why you just wake up randomly."

"you should be getting some sleep, might be why you're such a bitch in the morning."

"awh, it's great to know you care about me," he smirked. "but i think you really should be sleeping right now."

"i'm going to. i'm just getting some milk to help me out." you quickly opened the microwave when it was at 2 seconds and reset the microwave, setting the mug down on the counter to let it cool.

selever raised an eyebrow.

"you sleep well?" he seemed slightly concerned.

"yeah, i sleep. . ." you zoned out, resting your head in your palm.

"doesn't seem like you do," selever went over and slid you onto his back, grabbing the mug of milk too.

you had already dozed off, and selever decided to bring you to his room since it was closer and he didn't feel like you deserved the honor of being carried back to your room.

he cautiously laid you in his bed, and not wanting you to feel uncomfortable when you wake up, put up one of his pillows as a barrier and slid into bed next to you.

he looked over at your sleeping face and felt the urge to give you a little peck, but decided against it and turned the other way.

- - - - - - - 

you awoke to selever shaking you awake, a very frantic look on his face.

you shot up, realizing that, one, you were in selever's bed, and two, your face felt wet.

"you started sobbing in your sleep and i didn't know what to do," he sheepishly rubbed his neck. 

"it's just nightmares. i've been having them for a while." you fidget with your wrists.

"why didn't you tell me? i bet i could've made it better," his usual persona was back.

"yeah sure. how would you?" you slumped back into his bed, sprawling out.

he said nothing, but laid down and put his arm around you and brought you close to him. your faces were extremely close, and you broke out in a blush.

"selever, how-"

"shut up shortstack, or i'll make you," he tangled his fingers in your hair and brought your head close to his chest.

"make me? yeah su-" you started before selever gave you a small peck on your lips.

"say more and it'll be longer next time," he brought the discarded blanket over the two of you, adding on to the warmth.

"i mean, i'm not complaining," you sleepily joked.

"if you want it, wait until tomorrow then," he kept running his hands through your hair until you fell asleep, which he soon followed.

that night there were no nightmares.

- - - - - - - 

sarv squealed at the sight of the two sleeping bodies tangled together, and quickly went to get ruv so they can both take pictures. but of course, they both took pictures for different reasons.

selever started to wake up, and the two quickly shut the door and ran off, trying to act as inconspicuous as possible. 

wouldn't matter, because selever would probably find out sooner or later.

- - - - - - -

tHerE iT iSS

it's not as fluffy as i wanted it to be, and it seemed like selever was out of character for a bit, but we'll just say that he was very concerned. i also kinda wish i could've made it seem like they became a good couple afterwards. maybe another part if some of you guys want it?

anyways, i hope you guys enjoyed! 

word count // 1244