↱Chapter 33↲

Wilbur

Wilbur looked at his daughter, who slept soundly in his arms. Sally was asleep in the hospital bed, exhausted from the hours prior. He watched the newborn with captivated eyes, he had been a father for about an hour now and he was loving every minute of it. He would protect the precious thing in his arms with his life.

He smiled at her fondly, he was in love. Never had he seen such a beautiful thing. The brunette never wanted to let her go.

Every time the child made a noise his heart melted. Not wishing to disturb Sally, Will slowly got up from the green seat he was sitting in and quietly left the room, trying to not wake either girl. When he walked out, no one questioned the child or why he was out, like he thought they would.

His family sat in the birth ward waiting room of the hospital for hours, Wilbur didn't even know the current time. They were the only ones there surprisingly enough. One man sat off to the side but he didn't budge when Will walked in. They were waiting patiently. Being woken up at 3 am in the morning to Wilbur running around and leaving the house in a hurry wouldn't be the best in most circumstances.

Techno paced silently as Phil was whispering for him to sit down. Tommy sat on his phone, leg bouncing rapidly as Ranboo sat next to him with a pen in one hand and his book open on his lap, the ink never making contact with the crinkled pages.

Holding his little girl close to him, Will announced his presence by making a small noise. All four of the males sprung up and slowly walked over, their eyes wide. They looked at the new father with a small and barely visible smile, clearly one of shock, before looking at the small bean in his arms.

The brunette passed her off onto his father, who quietly took her. Phil looked at his granddaughter with adoration, he loved her dearly already. The pinkette, Blonde and Split-haired kid looked over their father's shoulders with a small smile.

"She's beautiful Will" Tommy mumbled silently as the girl wrapped her tiny hand around his pointer finger. The youngest awed at the sight and melted as he felt his niece's warmth against his own.

"Meet Floris Kristin Watson" Will announced with a smile.

Phil looked up at his son. Floris, the name of his mother who died early into the brunette's life from breast cancer, and Kristin after Phil's wife who sadly passed. Wilbur smiled as he watched his father and brothers coo over his little girl. It was clear that they had fallen in love with her.

******

Two weeks later

Will rocked Floris in his arms as he walked down the stairs, Phil and Tommy watching a program on the TV as Techno was upstairs packing his room with Ranboo's help.

Floris was very vocal, usually speaking her usual baby gibberish or something. This was her first time staying at the Watson household, staying with Sally for the remainder. Until she was able to be on just milk, she would only stay the day with Will, but he would take what he could get. He had bought a cot for the girl which sat in his room and a car seat in his car.

He was prepared.

He walked into the kitchen, heating up some milk for his daughter as she babbled. Tommy turned around and glared at his older brother and niece.

"That child talks too much"

"Huh, that's funny. I was thinking the same about you" Will retorted. Phil laughed from his spot as Tommy complained, spitting out random jumbles of sounds and curses.

"Tommy, usually I wouldn't care about your language, mate, but there is a child and I would rather her first words not be fuck or shit," Phil said as he scolded his son. Will smirked as he picked up the bottle and gave it to Floris, he turned on his heel and headed outside to the backyard. He had found out pretty quickly that his daughter liked the outdoors better, when she was crying, just take her outside. She'd stop pretty quick.

Wilbur sat on the edge of the deck as his fluffy hair blew in the wind, he slowly took the now-empty bottle away from his two-week-old daughter and placed her on the grass, smiling to himself as she pulled at the green plant. Watching her with adoration as she played only caused the boy's smile to widen.

In the past two weeks, Wilbur's perspective on life had changed. He had seen a part of life he didn't imagine seeing this early on but he was glad he was. He loved Floris with all he held close, he knew he would support her in any way he could, whether it be her interests, choices, identity and her future, he would be with her every step of the way.

Floris' giggles radiated as she moved her hands up and down, grass clutched in her tiny hands, bubbly noises escaped her mouth. Wilbur laughed as he reached for her, picking her up and holding her close as he stood up and bounced around. Her laughs became louder as he carefully threw her up and caught her again. The musician pulled the now barely-orange haired girl into his chest and spun around, planting a kiss on the top of her head.

"I love you" He whispered to her, her response being babbling. He smiled as he hugged her close and began to head back inside, as he slid the glass door open, he realized that Tommy was now gone, the TV was off and Phil was preparing dinner. There was a knock at the door, Will sighed as he knew who it was. The older blonde headed for the door as Will picked up the baby bag off of the kitchen island, a female voice echoed down the hall. With Floris in one hand and the bag in another, he headed down the small corridor towards his father and ex-girlfriend.

Sally looked towards the brunette and down to the smiling baby, she scooped the child up, Will's smile fell slightly as his baby girl left his grasp. The younger woman in front bid a quick goodbye, not letting her ex say goodbye to his daughter as she turned to her car and left.

The brunette sighed as he closed the door and began to retreat upstairs. He hardly got to see Floris, only when Sally couldn't look after her for the day or if she was taking her to the park, Wilbur had asked Sally for more time, but she just didn't trust him. It annoyed the absolute shit out of him. She was his daughter too.

"Hey, mate" Phil spoke up before Will could step onto the first step of the stairs, the younger twin hummed as he turned to look at his adoptive father. The blonde man placed a carrot onto the counter before continuing to speak and chop the vegetables for dinner. "Don't let her get to you, yeah? You'll see Floris more, I promise you that"

"Yeah, I won't. Thanks, dad"

Wilbur gave a brief smile before heading up to his room. Soft instrumental music rang out from Techno's room and what sounded like light-hearted bickering from the shared room of Tommy and Ranboo, with a smile, the brunette listened to his family. He picked up his guitar as he walked past and found a spot on his bed, gently and softly, he began to play with the strings.

You know it takes a lot to move me
So if you figure it out, tell me
I'll trace figures on your smile lines
Work out formulae to cure me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1,288

Floris :))

I loved y'all 'get ready to be reborn Fundy!' That shit was funny bro.

4 Chapters to go...

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever