↱Chapter 21↲

Tw// mentions of death, suicide & abuse

To say Tommy was nervous was an understatement. He sat in the small courtroom, Phil sat next to him and his brothers along with Tubbo and the rest of his friend group sat behind him. The room was lined with wooden panels, fitted with three rows of chairs on each side at the back, with a small gated area that sat in front of the judge's podium were two separate tables along with wooden chairs.

Today was the day. Today he would become a Watson. Well, more like Henry-Watson, he chose to do the hyphen like Wilbur and Phil was more than happy to allow him to. Toby has mentioned he wanted to be there for Tommy and his family on the day, and that led Alex, Jack, Fundy, and even Karl to want to join for some support as well, while Tommy was hesitant, he allowed it with Phil's permission.

The session was going well, either way, he would be walking out officially adopted, he had no idea why he was so nervous. It's not like the judge was going to say no unless Tommy mentioned he didn't feel safe, nor want to join them.

It was closing to the end, all the boring legal stuff was at its end. Phil had mentioned it could take a while, he knew because he didn't only go through it with his other two sons, but because he worked as a family lawyer.

"You are aware of Tommy's health problems and mental health?" The judge said as he looked down at the paper in front of him which detailed all of Tommy's mental and physical health problems, including his hospital records as well. He wasn't proud of that, not that any of his visits were his fault anyway.

The blonde knew that Phil was fully aware of this, having to calm the boy down quite a few times. While the older man wasn't experienced to the extreme, he had helped multiple different kids calm down in his line of work. It was just harder when it was your own children.

"I am fully aware of this, yes" Phil replied. He had read through the records himself every night since Tommy's birthday so he could fully understand. June 8th, 2017, when the boy was 13, he was taken to the hospital after suffering a lethal punch that rendered him unconscious. 16th November 2017, a broken arm and black eye. 25th April 2018, age 14, Tommy was brought in alongside Charlie Slimecicle after a neighbor reported the odd noises, he suffered bruising on the arm and neck, a sprained ankle, and a broken rib.

He had seen it all and that was only three instances. One person who fostered the boy tried to claim he tried to off himself in the bathroom when he turned up bloody. Though Tommy never had such thoughts and that person was arrested for attempted murder and child abuse.

Of course, Phil knew all of this.

"Thomas Kraken Henry." The judge spoke, Tommy smiled at his middle name, his dad did it as a joke and it actually became his middle name. His parents were jokers, to say the least. He could hear his friends behind him snicker a little, Karl trying to hush them while trying to keep his own laugher quiet. The blonde stood as the judge continued "Do you agree to the terms of Phillip Watson taking full custody and guardianship of you, to house you, educate you and raise you. To care for you until you are 18 and beyond." Tommy didn't have to think twice, replying as soon as the man who sat on the podium stopped talking.

"Yes"

"Philza Minecraft Watson" Phil stood up. "Do you agree to take on guardianship and custody of Thomas Henry? To protect, house, educate, care, and most importantly, love and cherish Tommy as your own? To leave him unharmed and happy as he grows and learns"

"Absolutely" he placed a hand on Tommy's shoulder, a smile flashing down at the boy as he looked upon as a son. Tommy looking back at the man with a smile of his own. "I promise to never harm Thomas, to protect him with my life, and to make his parents proud."

Phil didn't know what had happened to Tommy's parents until recently. The anniversary of their death was always a hard one for Tommy, he usually barricaded himself away if he could, unless he was in a home that wouldn't allow him to be alone. Phil took it upon himself to try to help Tommy, which ended up with the blonde-haired boy opening up to his father. Phil sympathized with him, opening up about losing his own wife, Kristen, in a car accident of their own when they were 21 and how he missed her every day.

Tommy had asked him what she was like. Phil showed his son a photo of his beloved, talking about how amazing she was.

"She was as sweet as a flower, the most caring and down-to-earth person I had ever met. She was an amazing cook and she loved to bake sweet treats. We had planned to travel for a few years before settling down and having a family, she wanted to be a mother just as bad as I wanted to be a father... I'm grateful for her being in my life, even if it was limited. The last thing I ever said to her was that I loved her, she laughed and told me she loved me too." As he talked about her, Phil's eyes glistened with the ghost of his past. He missed her more and more every day.

"Am I correct in believing that Tommy wishes to hyphen his name?"

"Yes please" Tommy responded "I wish to still be connected with my birth parents"

"Thomas Kraken Henry-Watson, you are now, and forever, under the legal custody and guardianship of Philza Minecraft Watson. Congratulations" The judge declared, bring down his hammer.

A huge smile found its way on the blonde's face as Phil engulfed his son in a hug, both Techno and Wilbur jumping over the barrier between the family and joining their father and officially Legal brother in their hug. Tears flowed down Tommy's eyes as he finally got the one thing he wanted.

Tommy Henry-Watson was just like any normal teenager, he had an amazing father, two chaotic and caring older brothers, an incredible best friend, and an even more amazing friend group. The boy had gone through a lot; abuse, loss- but it all led to this very moment. He was in the back seat on his fathers seven-seater, Wilbur on the aux playing Hamilton, Techno on the left in the back humming along, and Toby seated next to Tommy on his left, as the two basked in the moment, belting out the lyrics and laughing along as Phil smiled at his children.

Yeah. Yeah, he liked this. He really liked this.

--------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1,166

- Mate, I love this title :))

Feedback is welcomed!
Don't forget to vote!!

-Ever