↱Chapter 23↲

TW// Suicidal thoughts, self-harm, mentions of ED, pills, blood, alcohol and drug use

Wilbur

He couldn't lie. In the past month, Wilbur was having some thoughts he never thought he would. He would look at Techno's ADHD pills and debate taking a few. When he nicked himself on a broken guitar string and cut open his finger, he debated making some more, at one point even doing a few faint lines before realizing his mistake.

He even came close, only a few days after Sally and Will called it quits, he found himself in the bathroom while no one was home and staring at the panadol that Phil bought for Tommy's headaches when the boy first arrived. He found himself reaching for it, his only reason for stopping was because Techno had come home from work and called out for his brother, making his presence known.

He put in the facade that he was okay so he wouldn't worry his friends. Niki and Connor were not convinced, and he knew he couldn't ignore their questions forever but he would continue until he couldn't anymore.

Techno was beginning to notice the shift in his brother. Will wasn't eating anymore, and if he did, it was very little and even then he would discard of it later. It seemed to the older brother that he was relapsing, falling back into his past of starving himself.

He even began to find himself sitting on the roof at night, smoking joints or drinking to numb away the pain. Of course, he always had smoked, ever since he was 15 after a party he snuck away to, but he never did it this much. Wilbur would pass the money to Shlatt so he could get some from his dealer for him, and he would get it the next day.

Tommy had caught Wilbur a few days back but the brunette had practically begged the blonde not to snitch, he was hesitant but agreed, which the musician was thankful for. That's also the reason why he's on the roof.

He was a heartbroken and altogether broken teenager.

When Tommy joined the family for the first time, the brunette began to clean himself up. He stopped sneaking out, minimized the smoking, stopped ditching school, and even tried toning down his language. He wanted to be a good example for Tommy.

And now he was back to square one.

"Wilbur?" A voice called. Will removed the joint from his lips, a puff of smoke leaving his mouth as he turned to see Connor, a brown-haired boy who wore a blue jumper with Sonic on it. He forgot he called him and couldn't even remember why.

"Hey Connor" he simply replied. It was late at night and he was at the park, he had told his dad he was at Niki's studying. That was a big fat fucking lie.

"Give me that" his friend demanded. Wilbur smirked and brought the drag back to his lips and took a big breath. Connor hated that his friends smoked weed. They all knew it too. They usually avoided doing it around him otherwise they'd get some big lecture from him or Niki, they were always trying to put Wilbur, Shlatt, and Minx in the right direction. "Now Wilbur."

Will chuckled as he handed the near-end butt of his joint to his friend, who immediately dropped it on the path and stamped his foot on it. If he kept this up, the Sonic fan will tell Phil. He was simply worried for him, that was all.

Connor was now fully-aware of the Sally and Wilbur situation, both the breakup and pregnancy. He was amongst the only two besides Will's family and possibly Toby if Tommy said anything, to know. Shlatt and Minx would probably blurt it out to the school on accident if they got high or drunk enough.

Connor sighed as he sat next to Wilbur on the park bench. Silence loomed over them, the only noise being the Highway and the frogs from the small lake only a few meters away.

"You know I'm worried about you right?" Will nodded as his friend continued "You're my friend, the one person I've been able to rely on, no matter what. When I knocked over my Grandma's urn two years ago? You helped me so I wouldn't get in trouble, even if it was so fucking messed up" The brunette chuckled as Connor grimaced at the memory. He swears his grandma haunts him because of that, she was a strict lady in life and possibly even death.

"I'm trying" is all the musician was able to breathe out "everything's just so... fucked. My life's gone to shit in the past month, you have no idea, Connor"

"Then talk to me. I'm here to help you— so is Niki, we are your friends, Will. Talk to us please, we feel so helpless"

"I will... I promise I will, I just" Wilbur sighed, his leg was bouncing and his bloodshot-eyes were watching the sky. If he looked at Connor he knew he would end up in tears. "I need to talk to someone first"

"Okay. Just promise me you'll talk to us, don't leave us in the dark? I couldn't bear if something happened to you" Connor's tone was dead serious.

This was the wake-up call that Will had been begging for every night for the past month. He needed it, and Connor was the one who gave it to him. The brunette wiped away a tear before it managed to fall and turned to his friend.

"Thank you" Connor didn't need Will to explain to understand why he was thanking him. He simply smiled and wrapped his arms around him.

"Of course" he whispered

******

Will walked through the door, only minutes prior he had drenched himself in the deodorant he had in his car to mask the scent of weed. Though both the Watson brothers knew of Will's smoking, Phil was still completely oblivious, though it wouldn't matter in a few seconds.

He walked up the stairs, it was 11 pm so everyone was in their rooms, and knocked on his dad's door. He heard the light switch on and his dad call out for whoever it was to enter.

Upon entering, Will saw his father sat up in bed with a bunch of paperwork around him, and by the looks of it, had fallen asleep. Perhaps Techno or Tommy turned off his light and moved all the paper so he could rest? Phil gestured for Will to sit next to him, moving the remaining papers and folders onto the floor. As Will sat down, Phil decided to speak.

"What's on your mind son?" He smiled softly and also wondered why his middle child was coated in deodorant.

"Dad, I- you have to stop me" his eyes began to water. Phil instantly went into protective-dad mode and started to freak out internally. He was scared for his son and he had no idea what was happening.

"Will? What do you mean-?"

"Lock away the pills, take away any sharp objects" He rushed, tears falling down his cheeks. He had managed to compose himself with Connor but with his dad, it was harder.

"Wilbur?" Phil's voice laced with panic.

"Please" he sobbed into his father's chest as the older man pulled him closer. Will's words became inaudible as his sobs became cries for help.

Phil's eyes threatened to spill as he held his son. His middle child and one of the four loves of his life. His son, his own son was struggling; wanted to end it, and Phil had no idea. He felt he had failed his son as he held him closer, as tight as he could without strangling the boy.

He knew what he had to do, and Will had told him exactly that. In the morning; without question, he was going to lock away all the pills and medicine, tell Techno to keep his ADHD medicine in his room and in a drawer where Wilbur can't find them. He was going to take away the razors, if someone needed one, they needed to ask Phil. He was going to do everything to make sure his son was safe. And he meant everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1,410

New Character next chapter!!

Also, so very sorry for this Chapter, I got sad writing it :((

Thank you for 8.11K views and 250+ votes! That means so much to me!! <3

Bloody Covid is beginning to pick up in my area and we have to wear masks again, just in time for fucking SCHOOL HOLIDAYS— AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Don't forget to vote!
Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever