↱Chapter 5↲

"Clay's group is called 'The Dream Team', it consists of Clay, George, Nick and occasionally Karl or Darryl" Tubbo explained as they walked down the hall. He pointed at each group of people.

"That's the Badlands group, no one knows who came up with the name but it's what everyone calls them. It consists of Darryl, or Badboyhalo, Zak, Ant and Sam. They're all very kind. That's the MrBeast Crew which is Jimmy, Karl, Chandler and Chris."

"The outcasts; Ponk, Foolish and Hannah-Rose. You've got our group which people don't have a name for which is Myself, Alex Quackity, Jack Manifold, fundy and you! You've got the mercenary duo Punz and Purpled-"

"Purpled?" Tommy questioned.

"His real name is Grayson, but he hates people calling him by his first. Where was I? Oh yeah- The Coven; Scott, Lizzie, Joey, Katherine, and Gem. The Jeremy cult; Jack, Joel, Jimmy, F-Whip, Callum and Meghan and then you got Wilbur's group" Tubbo thought for a moment as they walked into the cafeteria.

He stopped and looked around. "Oh! Then you've got the footballers minus 5- Zelkham and Vurb and then a cheerleader- Spifey, who is vice-captain."

"Who are the cheerleaders?"

"George, Spifey, Hannah-Rose, Alyssa, Foolish and...Minx? I can't remember if she quit or not"

The two walked over to their table, another boy sitting there with Quackity. The boy had browny-blonde hair that's just-about wavy and sat just above his eyes.

"Hey Karl!" Toby waved, the boy assumed to be Karl, looked up at the two boys with a wide smile. His cheeks were a rosy pink and freckles littered his cheeks. In front of him sat a purple book with gold corner accents and a turquoise swirl in the middle.

"Hey!"

The two boys joined the other two who were seated at the table.

"You must be Tommy." Karl said as he turned to the blonde haired kid across from him. Tommy just nodded in response "Alex told me about you, I promise I'm not creepy" he put his hands up in innocence.

"I believe you" Tommy just replied. "What's that?" He pointed at the book in front of the older boy.

"Uuuh, just a journal, nothing too secretive in it... heh" he said awkwardly. Tommy wasn't going to pry. He had respect for secrets as he had a few of his own, but the boy was acting a bit awkward at the question. He simply just shrugged it off and left it at that.

"What brings you to our little school Tommy?" He asked.

"Dude" Alex said "Don't ask him that"

"It's fine- I'm living with the Watsons"

"Living? Like fostering?" Karl inquired, generally curious about the boy. He was trying to be careful, but he couldn't help his curious nature. He had been told he needed to work on his 'privacy issues' or whatever that meant.

"Yeah, exactly" Tommy shook his head at Tubbo as he offered him a bite of his sandwich.

"Oh! I hear the Watsons are really nice, I've never met them actually, I've only seen Will and Techno in the hallway a few times, never spoken though" Karl tapped the table with a fidget. "I mean, Alex and Techno have gotten in a few brawls but, other than that..." he trailed off.

"Does Techno have some anger issue or something?" Alex asked Tommy, thinking the teen would know the answer. He had only been with them for about a week at this point.

"I don't know, He's only ever spoken to me once. He's very quiet at home" home? Why was he calling it home?

"Oh" the beanie-wearing boy responded simply

******

Tommy sat in his room, actually doing his homework. It was weird. Ever since the boy came here, he had been doing weirdass things like; Calling it home, caring about what his foster-parent and 'brothers' thought, doing his homework, behaving and making friends.

He didn't have many friends; Toby, Fundy, Jack, Alex, and Karl?

He had spoken to some other kids; one's name was Purpled, and another's was mega? Even though that kid didn't actually speak to him, well, because he was mute.

Purpled was very... mysterious to say the least, makes sense why he was part of the 'Mercenaries'

Just as Tommy was finishing up struggling on his math work, there was a knock on his door. A pink-haired teen opened it

"Dinner's ready" he said in his normal monotone. Tommy didn't say anything, simply just stood up and followed the older teenager.

******

He put his toothbrush back into the holder as he turned off the tap. He looked up at himself in the mirror. His wavy blonde hair falling over his sky blue eyes. He didn't have any freckles, only a few spots of acne and His teeth wore braces.

He opened the door, letting the other people of the house know that they could shower and do the nightly routine.

He silently patted over to his room, his feet barely making a noise on the wooden flooring. He opened his door, only the soft sound of Wilbur's guitar strums could be heard.

Tommy switched on his light..

"FUCK" He yelled as his eyes met a pink-haired teen sitting on his bed "Don't fucking do that!"

Tommy clutched the area over his heart out of pure shock. He quickly recovered and walked over to his desk, packing his homework for the next day.

"I can't work you out" Techno stated, Tommy wasn't sure if he was joking or being serious.

"What do you mean?" The younger just said with his back still turned to the older. Why did he get the feeling this wouldn't end well?

"One minute your rude, the next your tolerable and then your annoying the next"

"Your point is?" This caused him to turn around and face Techno who was still seated on his bed.

"There's no point" The boy stood up "I just can't tell if you're going to be a Burden to my dad or a blessing. Phil loves his family with all his heart. He was so happy when he found out about you and even more excited when he found out that he had been chosen to foster you. I've seen how his face lights up at the sight of you, he's happy to have another kid around"

"Why did he adopt? No wife?" Tommy was being ignorant at this point, but what Techno had said to heart, Phil generally liked him?

"He did. He and his wife got into a car accident after less than a year of marriage, she died on impact and dad was affected horribly by it, they had been together since they were 15, she was the love of his life" He headed over to the door "She wanted a family, so, in her honour he adopted Will and I, and now you" he looked over at the teen who just stood there awkwardly "don't mess this up for him"

Techno left the room, turning off his light and closing the door behind him. Tommy stood there in the dark and silence, not knowing what to think. Phil had lost his wife?

The boy slowly lowered himself onto his bed, and under his bed sheets. He laid there, thinking about Technoblade's words.

If he didn't have questions before... he definitely and no doubt had a lot now...

—————————————————

Words: 1,242

Again; not a huge fan of this but I wanted to introduce some other characters to the story who may make an appearance in the future!

Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever