↱Chapter 1↲

"We're home!" An upbeat voice called. He heard Phil's bedroom door shut and the shuffling down the stairs. And soon enough, there was more shuffling and then another door slamming shut.

Tommy decided it was time to face the music, or in his case, other people. He cautiously snuck down the stairs, but before He made it to the bottom, the mysterious boy had noticed me.

"You must be Tommy!" He called happily as he walked over. He just nodded slowly. The boy was tall, taller than him. Maybe 6' 5". He had fluffy brown hair and a slim figure. On top of it, he had a burgundy beanie and a yellow jumper which fit him well. "I'm Wilbur, or Will for short" he smiled. Tommy managed to croak a small 'pleasure'

"Hey I get it, new home after many. I've done it before, it never gets easier. But this is a good home, Dad cares for his children with everything he has" Wilbur put a reassuring hand on his left shoulder, Tommy flinched a little at the touch. Wilbur left his side and disappeared upstairs.

Phil stood in the kitchen, placing four plates and glass cups onto the island. He looked up at the blonde teen in front of him

"Mind setting the table for me?" The older man smiled. Tommy didn't want to be a pain so he quietly obliged to the request. He placed the four plates on top of the designated place mates, followed by the glasses and forks.

While Tommy placed a bottle of fizzy drink on the table and Phil placed a bowl of pasta in the center of the wooden table, Wilbur and another boy came down the stairs. Tommy just assumed Will went up to get the boy. He looked at Tommy briefly before taking a seat. One way to give the cold shoulder.

"Tommy, This is Techno. He's not much of a peoples person" Wilbur stated as he wrapped one arm around his brother mockingly. Tommy just smiled weakly as he took a seat next to Phil.

It's a lot to say that Tommy didn't speak during dinner, in fact, he made sure to stay invisible as Phil asked his sons about school. From what Tommy could gather was;

Wilbur was a music student
Techno was competitive with a student named 'Dream' Underscon
Wilbur had a girlfriend named Sally
And Wilbur had to separate a fight between Techno and a boy by the name of Quackity before it got physical

Tommy just kept to himself- well, at least he tried

"So Tommy" Wilbur started as he looked at the boy -Tommy did not want to talk- "If you don't mind my asking, but what's your story?" He took a sip of the cola in front of him. Tommy just gulped and looked down at the half-eaten plate in front of him.

"Don't pressure the kid" The long, pink haired boy, who sat across from Tommy, spoke up. He had a deep-monotone voice

"Sorry" The brown-haired boy said guiltily.

"It... it's ok," Tommy croaked. "Can I be excused?" The boy quietly asked Phil, who gave him a nod. The boy swiftly got out of his chair and headed upstairs to his empty room.

******

Tommy slowly opened his eyes. He looked up at the ceiling before turning to his smashed up phone next to him. As usual, he has no notifications. The clock read '9:37am' on Saturday.

There was a small, soft knock on his door and the older blonde man pushed it open.

"Hey Tommy. Was thinking of taking you to the mall today at 11. Think you're up for it?" Phil spoke as Tommy sat there in silence. 'Did I really want to go out with this man? He has been kind to me so far... but times change, this isn't the first time someone has tried to win me over'

"Sure" He answered bluntly as he kicked off his blankets. The man gave a simple nod and wave before leaving Tommy to get ready for the day.

The blonde haired teen walked over to his dresser and pulled out a red and white baseball T-Shirt, beige Cargo shorts and white socks. Tommy ruffled his hair around with his hand before picking up a part of white sneakers with black stripes and slipping them on.

By the time he made it down stairs it was currently 10:28 am and both the older teens were there, one in the lounge and the other in the kitchen cleaning his bowl. The boy who was cleaning turned around and smiled at Tommy. Two guesses as to who that was.

"Morning Tommy! Sleep well?" Wilbur asked as he placed the now clean bowl onto the drying rack next to the sink. Why did he clean it in the sink if there's a perfectly good dishwasher next to him?

"Fine" he responded. The brown haired boy didn't push him. He knew it would take him time to adjust to the new living state, not to mention, this younger kid had seen some shit, so he was prepared for whatever would be thrown his way. Wilbur had been excited to find out Phil was thinking of fostering and maybe eventually adopting Tommy.

He remembered Techno and himself being told that Tommy had an eating disorder and would be slow to adjust to his new lifestyle as he had been abused in a lot of different forms. For a 15 year old, he had a tough life and all Wilbur wanted was to help Tommy get his life back on track.

Wilbur looked at the boy fondly before turning his back to him to continue the dishes. The pink haired teen hadn't budged from his spot on the lounge, keeping his focus on the program in front of him. Tommy didn't care enough however to see what it was.

Small footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

"Ready Tommy?" An accented voice asked. The oldest man came into view as he picked up the car keys from the bench of the kitchen island. The boy just nodded as he followed Phil.

"Have fun, you two!" Will yelled back. Phil stopped him in tracks as his hand grabbed the door knob. He quickly turned his back to the door

"What time do you work Techno?"
"5 to 10" Technoblade's deep monotones voice answered.

"Alright, be back by then. Stay out of trouble, I'm not taking a trip to the police station again" Phil opened the door and Tommy stepped out.

"It was one time Dad! How many times do I have to apologize?" Will called as his head poked from behind the wall.

"Until I'm in the ground" Phil answered with a deadpan face and closed the door before turning to Tommy and smiling.  "I'm just fucking with him. It was funny"

The two of them made their way to the car. For a nice house, it was a shitty car. It was a family car with 7 seats. Why? Tommy couldn't tell you, maybe he was the Uber for Will and Techno's friends... if they had any, techno anyway.

Just as Tommy was opening the door, he noticed the same small boy out in the garden again. Did that kid ever leave?

"Morning Toby!" Phil waved to the child. His head peaked up from where he was laying on the ground and smiled widely. So Toby was the weird kid.

"Morning Philza! Great day isn't it?" He answered happily.

"It is! Perfect to spend outside" the man replied. He leaned onto the car side and he looked at the boy "this is Tommy. New addition to our family"

"Oh! Hey Tommy! I'm Toby!" he froze as he thought for a moment "It's nice to meet you!"
"Hello" the British blonde said before getting in the car.

"We best be going. Have fun with your bees Toby" the older man smiled. The small boy waved as he directed his attention back to the garden.

Phil closed his door and turned on the engine
"I recommend getting to know Toby" He pulled out of the driveway. "He's a really nice kid and he could use some friends. I think you two would get along well"

"Sure. I'll think about it" Tommy groaned. His arms folded on his chest in front of him

————————————————
Words: 1,400

Tubbo!!

Feedback is welcomed!

-Ever