↱Chapter 7↲

TW// Mild Violence/abuse

Phil's voice echoed down the hallway as he greeted his guests which had shown up only a few seconds prior. Tommy sat on the couch, a brown blanket wrapped around him and a tissue box on the coffee table in front. He and Phil had been there for around an hour before Phil had to actually start to get the salad and meal ready. Still, here Tommy sat on the lounge, sniffling and mildly shaking.

It just kept replaying in his head.

He stood there, looking down at the broken bowl on the floor. He was terrified that his 'guardian' had heard the loud noise. Tommy was frozen. Stuck. He tried to bend down to clean it quickly, but his body wouldn't listen to him. The sound of a door opening and closing shut followed by footsteps.

Tommy crouched to the floor, trying to pick the pieces up. Fresh cuts littered his hands as he scooped up the shattered pieces and dumped them in the bin in a fast and fearful motion.

A man came around the corner and looked down at the boy. His eyes falling from the teen to the floor and back up.

"Fucking breaking my bowls?" He said in an angry tone. Here it comes. Tommy couldn't run and hide.

He stood there, frozen and still. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out, not even a sound. The man in front grabbed the collar of Tommy's shirt and lifted him up, banging him against the wall with force.

"You little shit. You're a waste of breath" he huffed, tears formed into the blonde's eyes. Any moment could be his last. "Fucking clean this up. You get no food for the rest of the week. Open my home and this is what I get" The man yelled as he tossed the teen to the floor, barely missing the shards of the broken bowl.

"Ungrateful brat"

"Tommy?"

Tommy snapped back to reality. Phil was knelt down in front of him with a worried look on his usually happy face. He just looked at him, the fear and pain evident his eyes as a tear falling down his right cheek. Phil responded by placing one of his hands onto the youngsters shoulder, using his other hand to wipe away the tear.

"It's okay," he whispered. "When you're ready"

Phil raised himself off the floor and motioned for his guests to follow him outside.

A woman with brown hair and a striped crew-neck shirt walked past him, she had a warm smile and gladly followed Phil as he walked into the backyard. Behind the woman stood a tall boy, he had plain green-mixed with brown, short hair along with a dark green jumper and jeans.

He followed closely behind his mother, looking at Tommy. His eyes widened as he realized the boy had been crying and sadness grew on his face. Tommy looked away instantly, not wanting to see the boys face any longer.

******

The teen listened to the chatter outside, Phil had put Techno and Will's punishments off to the side while his guests were over. He didn't move off the couch the entire time. Part of him wanted to run upstairs and lock the door, but his legs wouldn't listen. So that was off the table. However, the other half of him wanted to go sit outside with the olders. He didn't know why he felt that way.

Tommy picked up his phone, which screen was now completely fixed and had a case on it to protect it from further damage. He flipped through his apps. Instagram, snapchat, contacts, phone.

He tapped on the messages app and looked up a name.

Usually, Tommy would see it straight off the bat. But he didn't have just two contacts anymore.

Charlie Slimecicle

He looked at the name before clicking on it. It opened up their last conversation.

April 9th, 2020.

Charlie
Happy 15th Tommy! Can't believe you're 15
already! Time really flies hey?

Tommy
Thanks Charlie! It really does, doesn't it? Just think, soon enough we'll both have an out and can move in together just like we planned!

Charlie
Can't wait for the day Big Man! Counting them down.

Tommy never knew the reason as to why Charlie stopped replying to him. But he was hoping he would now. He needed the boy. He was hoping that the older teen didn't hate him or had forgotten. They had been through a lot together. They met through a horrible home they were both in. Charlie would protect the younger as much as he could as he was only 10 when they had first met. Though Charlie was only a year older, he was like a big brother to Tommy and was the family he never had. They were both heartbroken when they had to say goodbye some months later, however, staying in contact and sneaking calls whenever they could just to feel the others presence. Charlie was Tommy's best and only friend for a majority of his life.

Tommy
Hey Charlie! Long time no speak... How have you been a big guy?
Delivered

The silence of the other end was nerve racking. He couldn't bear it. He just stared at the screen. Maybe he could message Toby? No, he's out to dinner. Jack manifold? No. He wasn't ready for that. And that also meant that both Alex and Fundy were off the table. He couldn't even look at Wilbur and Techno at the moment, and he didn't want to disturb Phil. Tommy could hear his laughs along with the other woman.

Tommy snapped from his mind as he heard footsteps in the kitchen. Instinctively, he turned around to see Sam at the sink, pouring himself a glass of water. Sam must've felt Tommy's eyes on him as he turned to look at the red and puffy faced teen. Sam's green eyes looked back at the teens blue. His face had a few spots of acne, but otherwise it was clear. He smiled warmly, showing perfect white teeth.

"Don't mind me" He chuckled awkwardly as he lifted the cup of water. Tommy just nodded slowly and turned back around. He had thought Sam would leave after that, but instead he heard the glass be set down and the footsteps come towards him.

Sam looped around to sit on the coffee table in front of Tommy. Sympathy was written all over his face as his heart ached for the boy.

"Are you okay?" His voice was laced with concern yet stayed calm and deep. He didn't look like that much of a smart kid at first glance, but he guessed looks don't define who you are. Tommy just nodded, wishing for Sam to leave him alone and go back to his own business.

Instead, Sam just got up and moved to sit next to Tommy. Clearly this kid wasn't taking the hint which was so obviously there. He cautiously moved his arm to wrap around the boy. Tommy didn't even bother to fight it. He was too weak and just didn't care anymore.

Nothing was said between the two for a long period of time, but that didn't deter Sam away.

Why did he feel comfortable next to the boy? What was this place doing to him. For the first time in nearly 16 years, Tommy felt like he was wanted... like he was loved. Tens and tens of families he had been with, almost all of them only used him, only 5 of those families actually liking him. Everything in his shit stain of a life leads to the moment...

To the Watsons... To Tubbo... To his school... His friends... even to this moment with Sam... It all leads to this.

All the trauma, the scars, the loneliness, the pain, the hate, the feel of unwant... it all leads to the love, the want, the friendship, the companionship, the compassion, the family...

His Family

-------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1,324

We love Sam on this account <3

Began writing a Karlnap, lets see if it gets published :))

Feedback is welcome!

-Ever