↱Chapter 4↲

Tommy walked over to Wilbur's group. They sat next to the back door, away from everyone else. As he got closer, he could make out a lot of swears being thrown around. Wilbur's back was turned to Tommy, so he would have to make his presence known. He got closer and closer as Tubbo followed sheepishly behind, whispering to him it was okay.

An older, probably the oldest, of the group looked at Tommy. His uniform wasn't worn right and his hair was messy.

"What the fuck?" He said, obviously motioning to Tommy. A girl with pink hair, another with purple and the other boy all looked at the blonde and brunette. Wilbur turned around and smiled.

"Hey Tommy... and Toby" He smiled "How's your first day?"

"Fine, I guess" Tommy replied shortly.

"That's good. Hey, these are my friends" He spun around and pointed a finger as he went along "Connor, Niki, Minx and Jshlatt"

"Hi"

"Hello Tommy!" Niki said, her voice sweet and soft
"What can I do for you two?" Will turned back to the boys. He seemed a bit weird, but Tommy pushed past it, wanting to leave as soon as he could.

"Tubbo needs a lift home" Tommy stated quietly, he hated that all eyes were on him. He felt like he was an animal at the zoo for all to look and awe at.

"Oh yeah, of course. You're always welcome Tobs"

******

The four teenage boys hopped into Wilbur's blue car basically as soon as the bell had rang. Tubbo and Tommy had managed to sneak out of class a few minutes before the bell when the teacher's back was turned. They laughed quietly as they ran all the way to the car.

Wilbur turned on the radio and began the drive. Techno just scrolled through his phone, not saying a word, while Tommy and Toby chatted in the back.

Meeting Tubbo was a weird experience for the blonde, he had known him officially for less than 6 hours and yet, he felt comfortable around the boy. He felt safe and that he could rely on the boy. Tubbo had shown Tommy more kindness in the past few hours than he had experienced in the majority of his life.

Maybe this new chapter wouldn't be so bad.

"So, how did this happen?" Wilbur asked, referring to the 'friendship' between Tommy and Tubbo, who just looked at each other.

"I got lost this morning-" Tommy started before being interrupted by Will

"And he helped you?"

"No" Techno said "I did" Wilbur seemed a bit surprised that his brother helped the boy that he hadn't even spoken to before.

"Really?" Wilbur questioned, trying to find a reason

"He was lost. I was coming back from practice. Simple as that, drop it Wilbur Soot"

With that, Wilbur dropped that small topic and resumed his conversation with the two 16 year old boys in the back seat of his car.

"I gave Tommy a note asking if he wanted to sit with us at lunch and that's where it began to put it simply" Tubbo said, explaining with ease. He wasn't shy, that was for sure. Each minute Tommy spent with Toby, he learnt something new.

Wilbur just nodded his head as he pulled into their street, not saying anything else. It wasn't even 20 seconds later when Will pulled into their driveway and stopped the car, the four teens getting out.

"Hey Tommy?" Tubbo stopped at the bottom of the boys driveway and turned to look at him. Tommy just hummed in response, awaiting the boy to continue. "Are we friends?" He sounded shy, like he was afraid that he was making stuff up or reading it wrong.