Books upon books

A/n: some good vibes and wholesome content for you today.
-
"Lokes, are you up yet?"
No reply, he must still be asleep. You rolled over to cuddle into him but he wasn't there. You sat up and looked around the room trying to find any trace of him.
"Lokes?" You summoned a dagger in one hand and a ball of energy in your other hand. You sat up and used your magic to fix your hair out of your face. He never left without telling you, and the fact that he was still supposed to be in the medical wing only made you more on edge.

"Lohk, if this a game I swear to fucking Valhalla I will kill you myself."
"Did you say Valhalla?"
You turned around and threw your dagger at whoever the voice belonged to. Thor removed the dagger from the side of his shirt and from the wall and threw it back to you.

"Where's Loki?"
"He's fine, he's in the library. He has a surprise for you and he told me to come get you. I now see that wasn't the brightest idea."
"You think?"
"But seriously, did you say Valhalla?"
"Yeah, you and Lokes say it so much, I guess its just second nature by now."

"Ok, just don't kill my brother."
"No promises. He is still supposed to be on bed rest."
"Just come along mortal."

"How many times have I told you to stop calling me that?"
"Right. Shall we."
Thor led you to the library doors, waiting outside. He knocked twice and waited.
"This is stupid, cant we just go in."
"Not yet."

There was three knocks back and Thor grabbed your arm and pulled you back slightly. You eyed him warily and took your dagger out again.
"Put it away, you wont need it."
"I do what I want, its a special dagger anyway."
The door opened to the library and Loki stood just inside the door surrounded by different tubes of paint.

"I'm confused, what is going on?"
"Brother?" Loki nodded towards Thor and he left, leaving you and your love alone.
"I know you told me once you enjoyed painting and stark told me that this room is the only one he would sacrifice. I also know our shared love for books is quite great so I thought we could redo the space. I ordered some more books on that ridiculous phone thing and they arrived last week before, well this." He motioned to the scar on his torso that would hopefully fade.

"I thought you might like to paint on the walls. I don't think anyone would mind since only you and me come down here and I'm sure your talent is remarkable. I know its not really a great surprise and it might be a bit boring bu-"
You shushed him with your lips and pulled his waist towards yours, keep in mind you were only wearing a shirt that came down to your mid thighs and underwear but you really didn't care.

"Lokes, I would love to. We can rearrange the furniture so there is more floor space." You said stepping into the middle of the room. "And I can try to recreate some famous art pieces that would go nicely in the literature corner. Some of these books are really old do we might have to move them away from the fireplace so nothing to terrible would happen." As you rambled on about what you were going to do, Loki just stood staring at you with awe in his eyes, mesmerised by your ideas.

Once you caught him looking at you, your face heated up and you blushed slightly. "S- Sorry."
"Don't be, your ideas are truly amazing. But all this time we have been together and I still make you flustered." He kissed you gently before biting your lip slightly and pulling away. You whined at absence of him on you.
"Don't tempt me with those sweet noises pet."
"Oh like this you mean." You let out a load moan that made Loki stare at you wide eyed.
"Don't start something you can't finish darling."
"Try me."

You kissed his neck sweetly and tugged on his raven hair slightly. He sighed and attached his hands to your waist. You laughed quietly and walked off to the corner of the room and pushed a bookcase away from the wall. You heard Loki growl slightly and you could practically see hear him rolling his eyes.
"Your such a tease."
"Shut up, you love it."
He passed you some paint and you started painting a group picture of you, Loki, Thor, tony, peter, nat, Wanda, Clint, Sam, Steve, Bucky, the new half hulk, vision, pepper and the avengers symbol at the top. By the time you were finished, Loki had grouped all the books together and built a fort out of them. You ate lunch in the fort and teased Loki some more.

You next painted the Mona Lisa with a moustache and beard which Loki found hilarious. You ate dinner in the fort again and slept wrapped in Loki's arms.

You woke to the smell of books and pancakes.
"Here you go love." He handed you a stack of three pancakes, which you hesitated to eat at first but then once Loki sat next to you with his own food, you ate happily.
You had about half a pancake left which Loki tried to steal multiple times so you just ended up giving it to him. His soft smile made your heart ache with joy. His little giggles made you fall in love with him even more, which seemed impossible. The way he refuses to tie his hair out of his face because he thinks he looks stupid, made you sulk.

"Please, just a loose bun."
"You mean a man bun. No thanks."
"Fine, then no more kisses."
He rolled his eyes and put his hair into a loose ponytail at the back of his neck.
"Yay." You tackled him onto the floor and showered his face and neck in kisses. You straddled him and pinned his arms above his head.
"You look so sexy, my love."
"I don't think tying my hair back made that much of a difference."
"It didn't but you are always sexy, it just adds to the look."
"Oh yeah?"

He rolled over so that you were under him and he held your arms down like you did to him.
"And you look so gorgeous underneath me darling." He purred in your ear which made you sigh in content. Before saying anything else he stood up and left the book fort.
"Fuck me, your so annoying sometimes." You shouted towards him.
"Not yet my love." Loki laughed slightly at you.

You huffed and left the book fort.
"I'm going to alphabetise these by genre and you are going to paint the other walls, then I can fuck you."
"Lokes, I'm not that easy. You will have to buy me dinner first."
"Then its set, Thursday night, you and me are going out."
"Fine."

You painted the view of Asgard from the bifrost and you got Loki's help with the colours and placements as he would know Asgard a lot more than you did. You stopped for a little bit to eat lunch and then you went back ad added highlights onto the painting.
A swirl of green dust lifted you into the air so that you could get to the top.

Once you had finished the painting and Loki had sorted through all the books it was almost 9 so you decided to leave dinner out because you had a better night planned. You covered all the books and furniture in plastic so they wouldn't get covered in paint. You stood with your back against the wall holding your hand out. Loki traced around your figure with a pencil, he held the hand that you held out and you traced over your hands before tracing around Loki's figure. You filled the stencilled out areas with black paint them covered them with tape.

"You ready?"
"Of course." You both started throwing paint at the wall, all different colours of neon paint dripped and mushed together. You took off all the tape and admired the masterpiece you and Loki made. Once you had taken down all the plastic and rearranged the furniture it was 11:47.

"I think the shop downstairs is still open. You stay here and set up the projector to face the ceiling and grab some pillows and blankets. Ill be back soon."
"Don't be too long." Loki kissed your knuckle and you giggled at the gesture.
You threw on some legging before going down to the shop and getting a bunch of snacks, drinks and ice cream.

When you came back, Loki had set up a very nice little camp area with the projector pointed at the ceiling. You connected your phone and different constellations appeared on the ceiling.
"I thought since we cant see the stars on the roof, we could stay here."
"I love you so much."
"I love you more."
"I don't think that's possible darling."

"Better believe it, also I got you mint choc chip ice cream and some other stuff."
You spent the night under the stars and eating all kinds of junk food. You even ordered pizza at 2 am.

-
I want to add quite a bit of spice in the next chapter if you couldn't tell by the jokes in this. I just wanted to know how much you guys would want. So feel free to suggest things and I will try to include them. For now, enjoy.