Red as Blood

Y/n walks up to the front desk. It's her first day as a doctor in the Fire Nation Mental Asylum, other known as FNMA. FNMA is the most well-known mental hospital in all of the Fire nation.

"Hello, I'm l/n. I'm here to work in the asylum," She says to the lady at the front desk. The lady looks up.

"Ah yes L/n! It's amazing to meet you," She said while smiling. Y/n smiles back at her.
-------------------
"We were very happy to have you on board," The lady states." My name is Aiko."

She was still smiling.

Her perfume is intoxicating. It smells of lavender, with a hint of vanilla. It was pleasant, but not a scent Y/n would have chosen herself.

The walls of the asylum look fairly new. They were painted off-white with portraits of flowers hung up. You could also see signs with encouraging messages.

'Believe in yourself!'

'You can do it'

The usual. Even as a therapist,  Y/n didn't believe these signs did anything for someone trying to kill themselves. It's useless.

"There is one thing though," Aiko said. "You're assigned to Lady Azula." Y/n stopped dead in her tracks.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yes, a challenging case. If you'd like any assistance or any way out--"

"No! It's fine!" Y/n says with a smile. "I must try and work with any patient, no matter how difficult they are."

However, secretly Y/n has been wanting to work with the princess ever since you heard of her condition. She always enjoyed the minds of criminals, so this presents itself as a great opportunity.

Aiko looked at Y/n with a worried expression. No matter, she walked you down the white tiled floor to a wooden door, The doctor's lounge.

Y/n went inside. They made her wait until someone else finally came into the room.

"Hello Dr. L/n, it's time for you to work on your assigned patient. I'm sure Aiko already told you who so let's get onto the point. She's currently in restraints and if you need help you have to shout fire so that someone runs and helps," then he kept going on and on about how to do this and how to do that and all these safety things.

When he finally finished Y/n was on her way to the princess's cell. Though Y/n shouldn't call her princess since her title was revoked.

"Hello," Y/n heard the princess say as she entered the room.

The room was beautiful, you'd think her title was never revoked.

Her room was large. The walls were red, with gold trims lining the outside. Y/n could see a scintillating chandelier hanging from the ceiling, with diamonds, and other jewels hanging around it. Her bed was, however, the best part of this gorgeous room. A canopy bed, with red curtains. Everything in her room seems to be red. Crimson red, blood red. There was a couch. A red couch, of course, and seated on it was Azula.

She stared at you with her gold-piercing eyes. Wow, they were truly accurate about her beauty. She was beautiful. Her black raven hair covered her pale white face,  gold eyes seemed as if they could break anything in their way. She was a sight to behold.

Azula wore a white dress, a large contrast to the red room. Y/n supposed it was the uniform all patients had to wear, regardless of status or wealth. But it didn't do much to hide the figure of the woman in front of her. Her chest was plump, her waist small, and her hips slightly wider than the waist. Even though Azula was sitting down, everyone would know her figure was not one to be laughed at.

"Hello Lady Azula, It's an honor," Y/n said responding to the princess. "How have you been?" You ask as you sit down in front of her.

"Wonderful!", she spoke in a sarcastic tone. She gave Y/n a glance, raising her eyebrows condescendingly. 

She smile at her, not allowing Azula to think she'd won. Azula looked at me strangely.

"Don't smile," She said with a raised eyebrow.

"Isn't it okay if I smile? It was funny," Y/n responded. Azula stared the girl up and down.

"Here," Y/n told the lady. "I brought you a present."

The raven-haired girl looked at her doctor, curiosity filling her cat-shaped eyes.

"What do you think?" Y/n asked Azula.

"It's an apple," Azula looked down at the object, then crawled her eyes up to the face of the girl in front of her. "Do you think this is a joke?"

"Of course not!" The doctor responded. "Why would you think such a thing?"

"Usually when I get a present, it's far more... lavish."

"Not all gifts have to be lavish my lady," Y/n responded. "Does this apple remind you of anything?"

Mai.

Azula didn't say what she thought. She simply just looked at the doctor and shrugged her shoulders. Something that would've given her a beating if her father had seen.

"A pie?"

"Anything else?"

"What else is there?"

"Nostalgia," The doctor responded calmly. "I've heard the Fire Nation palace prides itself on its abundance of apple trees."

"Does it?"

Of course, it does. The Fire Nation's royal garden is full of them. Azula thinks.

"It does," The doctor smiles. "What childhood memories do you have that involve an apple? Can you list them all?"

"Oh well," Azula responded. "We're should I begin."