Do You Know Yourself?

"Fuck," Y/n says as she leans her back on her chair. She stretches her arms wide, spreading them out in order to relieve the tension she feels on her back. She turns her head to the side, cracking her neck which sends a shiver down her spine.

The doctor then closes her book, leaving a bookmark on where she left off. She stands from her seat and walks towards her restroom. She picks up her toothbrush and brushes her teeth, then washes her hands and face.

Y/n changes from her usual on-the-job outfit to a more comfier sheer night gown. The pearl colored gown is long, with lovely lacing lining the top. It was Y/n's favorite thing to sleep in. The silk made it feel light and soft. And, she had to admit, it made her look quite attractive.

She walks out of her restroom, yawning as she did so. Y/n then sauntered to her bed, laying down on the soft cushion and letting out a deep sigh. Just then, a loud knock comes from the door.

The doctor rolls her eyes. People need to stop knocking at my door at midnight.

Y/n walks towards her door, opening it slightly. She's surprised to see Azula in front of her.

"I know it's late, but I really had to speak with you," The girl says with hesitation. Y/n raises a brow.

"At this hour?" The doctor inquires, still angry at what had happened between them.

"Yes," Azula sighs. "I understand you're mad at me, but please. You're still my therapist."

"I am your therapist during the hours in which I am payed to be one," Y/n replies coldly. "I make an hourly wage, and this doesn't go into my paycheck."

"Then I need to talk to you as...as a friend," Y/n could see Azula's eyes water slightly. But the girl is quick to hide it from the doctor.

Y/n sighs and motions for Azula to enter. The room quickly fills with an awkward air, making Azula slightly regret her choice of coming to Y/n in the first place.

"What is it?"

"Ty Lee came to my chambers," Y/n furrows her brows at this. What was she doing there?

"And?"

"She started talking about child memories and how much she wishes I would talk to her. However, that confuses me since I do believe she tried to threaten me when I first arrived," Azula vents. "I just don't get it."

"Do you want to be her friend?" The doctor questions.

"I don't know," Azula replies with a voice of confusion, she places her hands on her head, pulling on her hair.

"Azula," Y/n sighs. "What's your favorite color?"

"Red?" The girl looks at her doctor, confused on this line of questioning. "Why does that-"

"Is it really? What about gold? Or blue? Or purple?"

"Well... I don't really know."

Y/n looks at Azula. "You don't even know your favorite color. You don't know anything about yourself. You don't know your favorite food, or your favorite article of clothing. Heck, you don't know if you're willing to let someone love you!"

"Like you know my favorite color?" Azula yells back. "I know who I am!"

"Then start acting like you do!" Y/n shouts, visibly annoyed. "I can't help you if you don't know anything about yourself!"

The two girls stare at eachother.

Azula scoffs. "I thought therapists were supposed to be nice."

"You haven't been very nice to me," Azula sighs at this. She then seems to notice the pearl colored nightgown you have on. This causes her to raise an eyebrow.

"Do you always wear that to bed?"

"Why am I now being questioned?" Y/n asks with a confused look.

"No just wondering," Azula shakes her head and turns away. A small blush creeping up her face.

Y/n stares at Azula with pleading eyes. "What is this Azula?"

"What is what?"

"You coming here! It's making me confused. Just a couple days ago you said we shouldn't see each other outside of therapy," The doctor exclaims. "I don't know how to feel."

"You think I do?" Azula replies coldly. "You were right, I don't know myself! Great work on your part. Guess your Phd doesn't mean shit."

"Oh, don't pull that crap on me, Azula," Y/n demands. "You pushed me away!"

"Have you wondered that maybe, just maybe, It's because everyone I've ever loved has turned their back on me?" The girl cries out.

"Yes! I'm a therapist! I just...," Y/n places her hands over her face in order to cover the tears that started to flow. She walks towards the end of her bed and sits. "Do you even like me?"

"Y/n," Her name flows out so smoothly off of Azula's tongue. "Of course I do. But I hate this feeling that you invoke from me. I've never felt this before. I don't understand It. Every time I see you, my stomach flutters. I'm a mess."

"Well, you think I enjoy it as well?" Y/n looks up, her red eyes now visible to Azula. "I feel the same way!"

The two stare at each other in silence.

"What are we going to do?" Azula questions.

"What do you want to do?"