Alone Once More

"Ew," Toph blurted out, her face twisting with disgust after taking a bite from the slice of cake Y/n and Azula made. "This tastes disgusting!"

"Well that's rude," Y/n pouted. "We tried hard."

"Not hard enough," Responds the Earth bender, making Azula sigh in defeat.

"Baking soda," The former princess slaps her forehead. "How do you mistake sugar for baking soda?"

"Leave me alone!" Y/n declares, using her hands to wipe away a fake tear.

Unfortunately, she accidentally smears a small amount of flour onto her cheek, which doesn't go unnoticed by Azula. The raven-haired girl wipes the flour off Y/n's face.

This makes Y/n jump, then blush when she realizes what Azula has just done.

Toph notices this and smirks.

The Princess fell for her shrink. Thought she'd be alone forever, yet she fell for her doctor, a commoner too! This though makes the chief roar with laughter.

"What's so funny?" Azula questions, giving Toph a stern glare.

"Don't look at me like that Princess. I thought you were done with trying to kill me,"

"So did I, but people change," The girl answers sternly.

"Yeah," The Earth bender calms down and smiles at Azula. "They do."

Azula stares at Toph in confusion but just ignores it.

For the rest of the day, the trio walked *cough* ran around the palace, talking about things they loved and hated. They learned a lot about each other, furthermore about themselves. Well, at least Y/n could say.

At 10 pm, they all agreed that they should head to bed. Toph went her separate way since her room was far away from the other two.

"That was a fun day," Y/n smiles with pleasure. "I can't believe Toph could be so much fun!"

Azula looks over at Y/n with a frown. "Fun? Do you call chasing around a 4-year-old fun? She took all the knives from the kitchen and ran off!"

"Oh come on, you had fun too,"

"I guess I did," Azula looks up in thought and smiles as she remembers what had taken place that day.

They two walk together silently, their footsteps muffled by the silence surrounding them. They stood close together, just enjoying the other's presence. As they stroll past a grand balcony, Y/n comes to a halt. The moon, ever so bright, illuminated the sky with its very presence. The stars too shined brightly from above. She wanders out and leans on the fence, sighing with pleasure as she feels the cold hair brush her face.

As a fire bender, Y/n had always been told she'd be the weakest during a full moon. However, she didn't mind. The moon was just too beautiful, how could she not love it? Azula seemed to notice the look of pleasure that formed on the other girl's face.

"You like the moon," She states, standing next to Y/n, leaning against the fence as well. Their shoulders touch.

"It's beautiful," The doctor smiles. "A celestial orb up in the sky. The Water Nation princess looking over all the world, gifting young girls and boys with water bending."

"I suppose," Azula gazes at the moon as well. "But I wouldn't it's more beautiful than you."

Y/n glances at Azula, and the other girl does the same.

We're so close. Y/n thinks. I can feel her breath.

Azula leans in a little closer, their lips separated only by a whisper of breath.

Y/n looks down at Azula's lips, ready to lean in further and do what she'd been wishing to do for so long.

Suddenly, Azula leans back and shakes her head.

"We can't do this,"

"What?" Y/n scoffs.

"We should stop talking to each other outside of therapy," Azula quickly replies, pulling on her hair, and runs away, leaving Y/n alone on the balcony.

Y/n hits her head with her fist, a habit she had grown when she was young.

She runs over to her room, her heart racing in panic. when she reaches her door, she quickly slams it shut, falling to the ground with her back against it.

Y/n sighs heavily, her breath quick after running. Her mind races as she replays what had just happened. Closing her eyes, Y/n tries to calm her racing heart. Her hands tremble and beads of sweat fall down her face. Y/n's face contorted with different emotions.

Confusion,

Anger,

Guilt,

...love.