The Second Warning

"I think congratulations are in order," Aang smiles at Azula was glee. She lifts her eyes from her meal, fixing a raised eyebrow on the Avatar. "For your speech? I heard you reclaimed your title."

"I did indeed, thank you," Azula responds, offering him a swift smile.

"I suppose you're right," Katara turns her attention to Azula, her smile gentle. "Congratulations."

"Oh, well..." The newly reinstated princess hesitates, uncertain how to react. Her and Katara usually bicker, but now the waterbender is congratulating her. "Thank you, I suppose?" She mumbles the last part.

Y/n chuckles, casting a smile at her partner and whispers softly in her ear. "I thought you were more of a people person."

"Not with those two," Azula retorts promptly. "Not with any of the... 'gaang.'"

"A vistor," A servant says, bowing low infront of the royal family.

"A visitor?" Zuko questions. "Who could it-"

Suddenly, a young girl with long brown hair walks into the dinning room.

"We're short on time," The girl interjects swiftly, rushing over to Azula. She leans down, her face inches from the young princess'. "Huang intends to end your life before midnight."

"What?" The Princess inquires, her confusion deepening, still shocked by the visitor's sudden appearance at the palace.

"Ugh!" The girl's voice quivers, tears threatening to spill. "Don't you understand what can happen?"

"I understand your fear and exhaustion," Azula replies, her smile gentle. "Dara, I knew of the risks before the speech."

Azula manages to calm herself, but her family remains on edge.

"You could lose your life, Azula," Dara sighs. "Who will keep me company then?"

Before Azula could answer, Sokka jumps up from his chair. "What is happening?!"

"She's Dara," Azula smiles softly at the girl. "She's a friend."

"Who knew," Katara mutters.

"I was beginning to like you, peasant. Don't spoil it," Azula adds.

"I have a plan Azula," Dara says. "I think I can get you out of here before Huang comes."

"Huang?" Now Zuko stands. "Like my army General Huang?"