Harsh Words

1st POV

The Lady Ursa was looking down while playing with her fingers.

"I hope that one day you can see me as more than just the person who you believe ruined your life," Ursa admitted carefully.

Azula's eyes widened. For just a moment, I could see a hint of regret no... guilt in Azula's eyes. Her eyes went back to normal as quickly as it widened. The look for guilt replaced with irritation.

"My lady, I hope you understand that I may be in this place for the rest of my life, so I believe that will never happen..." she stopped. "Nor do I wish it."

"Azula," I warned with a low tone.

The Lady Ursa looked at Azula with pity.

"Azula! Don't say such things!" Zuko yelled getting up.

Azula raised an eyebrow at Zuko.

"Isn't there something called freedom of speech my lord?" Azula said.

I close my eyes in frustration, then looked over and saw Ty Lee look at me.

I stared at her for a moment, before turning my eyes back at Ursa.

"Well actually," Ursa said with a sigh. "We came here to ask if Azula would be able to come back to the palace."

Azula's eyes widened.

"What?! Your majesty I- I decline!" Azula said trying to be spitefully respectful.

"Come on Azula! You don't have to speak like that. Just say what you want to say!" Zuko scolded.

"Okay then here's what I've been trying to say," Azula said getting up and off the couch. "Why the fuck would I want to go back to the palace with you? Especially with that woman!" The raven-haired girl asked while screaming.

She took a deep breath, Zuko staring at her with shock and anger.

I sighed and leaned back on the couch. Really? Why did I work so hard to fix this girl's mental health, for what? Nothing? Nothing at all, it would seem. These people... her "family" come and ruin everything so quickly.

"Although you may not like it, she's still our mother! She gave birth to us, nursed us when we were young, cared for us as toddlers! She did everything for us!" Zuko responded yelling.

"Everything for you!" Azula said back giving him her signature death stare. "Name one thing she's done for me!"

"She cared for you Azula," Ty Lee jumped in. "It may not seem like it to you, but she did."

"This isn't your conversation, circus freak," Azula harshly said, a look of hurt visible in the other girl's eyes.

"Don't you dare call me that," Ty Lee stood up from her seat. "At least I'm not stuck in a mental asylum!"

"Rather stuck here than with 7 sisters that look exactly like me," The former princess scoffed. "Even your insults aren't original."

"Azula," Mai warned, her tone deep and sonorous.

"Don't even get me started with you Mai," Azula turned around and faced the gloomy girl.

"You don't have any power over me Azula," She stood up and faced Azula head on. "I don't fear you."

"Ughhhhh!" Azula screamed. ""I don't fear you, I'm not scared of you" I don't care!"

I pick up my tea and take another sip.

"Maybe this arrangement won't be as bad as we all think," I say while looking at Azula then everyone else.

"What?" The former princess scoffs with disgust. "You too?"

"Think about it," I whisper over. she leans her head to me in interest. "In the palace, you'll be treated like royalty again. A comfortable bed, maids running everywhere just to get you your morning tea, servants doing your hair and makeup. You'll be free to boss everyone around, even Ty Lee."

The girl sighs with amusement.

"I'll go," Azula states with a superior manner. "But there will be conditions.