Convincing

"Dinner," Y/n said with a worried smile. "What can go wrong? We've already had dinners with the royal family before."

It has been two days since the last therapy session. tonight, they were scheduled for another dinner with the royal family. However, it would be a little different this time.

"Huh let me see," Azula responded sarcastically. "Oh, I don't know, like the Avatar being there?"

Azula is currently pacing around her room, clearly anxious.

"Ok! Ok! I get it, but I still think we should go," Y/n tells Azula with a confident smile.

"Last time I spoke with any of them, it was in the middle of a warzone trying to kill them,"

'It'll be different this time," Y/n tries her best to confide in Azula. However, this was a little more difficult than usual.

"I just don't think I should. I would be a bother," She responds while checking her nails, a thing she does when she's nervous.

"I see, the Great and almighty Azula is scared to talk to people,"

"Ugh," Azula replies scrunching her nose. "I just find no use in doing stuff like this. What are we going to get from eating around a table and talking about useless shit? No one wants me there either!" You interrupt her.

"I want you there," Azula stops to look at Y/n. 'It's always so boring without you."

"Why," The raven-haired girl smiles. "You know just how to flatter someone, don't you?"

"Just how to flatter you,"

Azula sighs and sits down next to Y/n.

"They're a family and I'm not a part of it," The girl quietly whispers. She then lowers her head in thought, suddenly jumping out of her seat when she found a solution.

"I'll go talk to Zuko,"

"Wait what?" Y/n asks confused. "When-why-wait why?"

She tries to stop the raven-haired girl from leaving the room, however, it would appear that Azula has found a strong determination for this and could not be stopped.

She runs over to the Firelord's chambers, bumping into maid staff while at it. Y/n chases after her, apologizing to everyone for getting pushed around by the girl.

Azula stops as she reaches Zuko's room, her breath heavy from running so much. The doctor bumps into the former princess, her breath also quick.

"Did you have to run?"

"Did you have to chase me?"

"Yes," Y/n leans on her knees. "I was worried you'd fall."

"A princess never falls," Azula proclaims. "Even one who has been revoked, for they are still royalty in their own right."

Y/n and Azula both laugh at this, shaking with mirth.

Suddenly, a yell interrupts their joyous moment.

"She can't go," A faint voice says through the door. "I won't allow it."

"We aren't asking for your permission," The voice is stern, and anyone could decipher it. Zuko.

"At least restrain her!" Ty Lee.

"No!" Ursa. "That's too inhuman!"

"As unhuman as the time she tried to kill us all?" Mai.

"The past is the past," Zuko says. "We must try to forgive. We were once confused as well. If anyone is to blame, it would be our father."

Azula pushes the door open at this comment. She was visibly angry, but only Y/n could tell this anger was used to mask the hurt.

"If anyone is to blame, it would be the mother who brought me into this world and didn't care for me,"

"Azula, what are you doing here?" Zuko asked in surprise.

"Here to talk about the very thing you people were talking about," Azula responded quickly. "I'm feeling squeamish and was wondering if I could skip this dinner."

"Azula!" Y/n scolds quietly.

"We all know you're perfectly well," Zuko's eyebrows scrunch together. "Azula, please."

Azula sighed, looking at her nails.

"You won't need me," The girl said.

"I want you there. Like it or not, you're still a part of this family," Zuko responded softly.

Azula stared at Zuko, unsure of what to say.

"F-Fine, I'll go,"

Y/n giggles at the small stutter at the beginning of the sentence.

"Thank you, Azula,"