The Matter of the Crown

(A/N: Hello!! I'm so sorry for not posting more chapters. I had so much stuff to do😕. I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!)

"Where are we?" Y/n questions, her voice echoing through the cavernous space.

She brushes off some dust from her skirt, looking around in awe. The tunnel behind her is dark and ominous, but the space in front of her is filled with light from multiple candles, illuminating the room with a soft, golden glow.

Y/n's eyes widen in amazement at the sight before her. The room is filled with ancient artillery, from swords and shields to bows and arrows. She can see the wear and tear on each weapon, evidence of the battles they've fought, and the lives they've taken.

"The royal family's weapon room," Azula responds, an equal level of curiosity rising in her. "I haven't been here since I was 12." She takes a step forward and examines the weapons.

The girl keeps roaming her eyes around the room. "I remember this room had something special," she says, a hint of excitement in her voice.

The raven-haired girl keeps walking around the room, lifting objects and checking beneath them. Suddenly, a loud voice interrupts the two.

"What?!" Says a very deep and regal-sounding voice. "You want to give her back the title?"

"For thousands of years the title of Crowned Princess was given to the firstborn girl of the Firelord," Said a raspy voice. "That title can't be taken or removed without good reason."

Azula's ears perked at this comment, her head turning to a vent on the wall next to her.

"Bingo," she says.  Y/n giggles.

"Is her being a monster not a good enough reason?" The angry voice of an elderly woman replies harshly.

Y/n's smile quickly fades, replaced by a frown. She turns to face the vent as well.

"Why should we follow laws made thousands of years ago?" A young man asks. Whispers and gossip can be heard through the vents.  "Especially when some of those years were filled with hatred and nationalism to the highest extent?"

The sound of a deep, frustrated exhale fills the air, drawing everyone's attention to the other side of the room. Azula looks into the vent and sees her brother with his arms crossed, looking annoyed. His face is etched with deep lines, and his eyes are narrowed, giving him a stern expression.

"Unless the princess is given back her title," The voice continues. "This outrageous rebellion against our Firelord will continue. We must do everything possible to secure this royal line."

"But sir," A timid little thing says. "The princess...she's a monster!"

"I'd appreciate it if all of you would stop calling my sister a monster, for she is far from it."

"Your majesty," Says the regal voice once more. "With all due respect, Lady Azula receiving back her title will cause more harm than good. Rethink your decisions!"

As the man finishes his sentence, the room erupts with a cacophony of both boos and cheers. The sound echoes off the walls, making it hard to distinguish one from the other.

"Silence!" Zuko's voice is powerful and unwavering. He speaks with no hesitation. "We shall call for my sister herself. Judge her fairly."

The council meeting comes to an end, and the sound of rustling skirts and clanking boots fills the room. As the noise fades away, the silence is almost deafening.

"Azula..."

"I-..." The girl breathes out. "I never thought I would be offered my title again."

The girl's eyes dart around the room, in panic. She takes a deep breath, steadying herself. She straightens her back and smooths out her skirt, feeling the soft fabric against her fingers. She fixes her hair, ensuring that every strand is in place.

"No bother," She smiles at Y/n. "Let's talk about this later."

With that, she leaves the room.