Nostalgia

Azula slam's her door with defeat. A loud 'bang!' echoing through the halls. The girl leans her back against the large wooden door and sinks to the ground. She places her hands on her hair, tugging on her long black locks. It's a habit she hasn't been able to shake off through the years.

Her thoughts race, and her heart beat doesn't help the feeling of anxiety the courses through her veins.

"Not a very good day, huh?" Said a voice.

Azula looks up and sees Ty Lee sitting on her bed.

"Get off my bed," The raven-haired girl responds, annoyed at the conversation already.

"I just wanted a civil conversation," The acrobat responds pleadingly.

"Last time you wanted a 'civil conversation' I remember you threatening me," Azula smiles mockingly at the girl, earning a glare.

Azula lays down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. She thinks of the events that has just occurred. Zuko's going to get my title back. Do I want that?

"Azula," calls Ty Lee. She lays down next to the girl.  "What are you thinking about?"

For some reason, Azula doesn't force her to get off the bed. The thought of Ty Lee laying next to her gives her a wave of nostalgia from their childhood.

"Nothing that concerns you," Azula closes her eyes in deep thought. "Perhaps this concerns my therapist." It would be awkward talking to her again. Shit, why did I have to do that?

"You can always talk to me, ya know?" Ty Lee utters out, a soft smile appearing on her lips.

Azula laughs. "Yeah, like I would. Why are you still here?"

The two girls look at each other for a moment, their eyes locked together. A trance seems to over come the two girls.

Ty lee breaks the silence and speaks. 

"Remember when we were little, you were bored so you suggested that we should sneak out. Mai and I were hesitant but we agreed. We walked out and almost got caught by the guards, twice!"

Azula giggles.

"Yeah I remember," She tells her, turning to her side so she completely faces the Kyoshi warrior.

"And then we watched the stars all night long, we made new names for the constellations. I remember I named one monkey," Ty Lee giggles and the other girl laughs with her.

"I named one Fart face because it looked like Mr.Natsu," The former princess scoffs at how ridiculous she was.

"I miss the good times we had Azula," The Acrobat smiles. "I know it will take time for you to forgive me, but I hope one day you can."

"Why did you become a Kyoshi warrior?" Azula probes in curiosity. "Isn't the make up and identical uniforms just making you apart of a matched set again?"

That's out of the blue, Ty Lee thinks.

Her smile falls, but quickly rises again. "The girls and I really bonded in prison. I gave them some Chi blocking lessons, and soon enough they allowed me into their group! I don't mind the make up and identical clothing. It doesn't stop me from being my own person."

Azula hums thoughtfully, nodding her head in response.

"How was the asylum," Ty Lee inquires. Azula's breathing hitches.

"Well," Azula sighs. She told me about her self, I owe her one. "My room was grand. It was truly meant for royalty. But at the same time, that just reminded me of how my title got revoke. The day I got that message was the day I-"

Azula stops herself. She closes her eyes, trying to stop herself from crying. She shakes her head.

"I always sent letters to the asylum," Ty Lee starts. "But I don't think you read any of them."

"What?" Azula sits up and looks at Ty Lee in shock. "You...you sent me letters?"

"All the time! You didn't know?" She sits up as well.

"No," The girl looks down at her palms. "I thought...I thought you hated me."

"I never hated you Azula," Ty Lee cups the other girls cheek. A small tear rolls down it.

Now this is going to need a lot of therapy.