The Warmth that Fills Her Chest

The bright sun's brilliant rays pour through the windows, engulfing the room with warmth. Y/n stirs from her slumber, twisting and turning in discomfort. She reaches out her right arm to search for the person who should be lying next to her, but the only thing that greets her is the feeling of her cold sheets. A sense of dread and concern fills Y/n's heart as she sits up and sees no one in the room with her. She wonders if the night she had with Azula was just a one-time thing. Y/n sighs and scratches her head, swinging her legs off her bed and standing up. She stretches her back, bending backward and forwards before walking over to her bathroom to get ready for the day.

She turns on the sink faucet, brushing her teeth and then face. She walks out of her room, looking around for any hints that may suggest where Azula could be. She giggles as she sees her underwear folded and gently placed on her coffee table with a note right beside it.

Dear Y/n,

I want to apologize for leaving so abruptly during our last conversation. Zuzu asked to speak with me about something important, and I had to attend to it. I have no idea why he needed me for such a thing, but that's just his style of dragging others into unnecessary situations.

Anyway, enough about my brother. How are you doing? I hope you're feeling well. I left some tea on your coffee table and flint so you can warm it up. If you're experiencing any pain or discomfort, please let me know right away.

I also want to be honest with you about something. I haven't been very successful in relationships in the past. The first "relationship" I had ended because I scared the man away with my fire bending. I realize that I can be difficult to deal with and that I might annoy or aggravate you at times. However, if you're willing to see past my flaws, I promise to do my best to care for you and show you the affection you deserve.

With my love (and sincerely apologizes)

Azula

Y/n's face lights up with joy as she reads the letter, her chest fills with warmth as she hugs the letter to her chest, savoring the feeling of relief it brings her. She smiles warmly as she spins around her room. Finally, she settles down on her bed, letting out a deep sigh, feeling as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. With the letter still clutched in her hand, she stares up at the ceiling, daydreaming about the future.

Her face then furrows as she takes another glance at the letter. What did the Firelord need to talk to Azula about?

Y/n shrugs, not wanting to ruin her happiness with serious thoughts. She gets up from her bed and walks over to the coffee table and opens the lid of the teapot to take a glance inside. She smiles at the smell of fresh jasmine tea, although it was cold. She pours some of the tea into a cup and picks it up between her palms. She uses her bending to warm it up, smiling with contentment when she sees the smoke brewing out of the cup.