The Dragon of the West

"That went well, " Y/n says as Azula and her walk down the halls. Her anger had dissipated, however, she couldn't say the same for Azula.

"Yes, of course, fighting the stupid water bender," She responds as she rolls her eyes.

"No, not that," Azula stares at Y/n, muddled at her doctor's response. "You talked to them Azula. Even if you were trying to cut off their heads, you still talked to them."

Azula laughed, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I suppose so,"

The pair walks together down to their separate bedrooms, waving goodbye at each other before retiring.

Y/n enters her room and places a candle on her desk to start on her daily reports. She changed into her nightgown and starts working on the charts. This has to be the worst part of being a therapist.

She worked for a good hour before finally finishing. She stretches her arms and legs, ready to finally go to bed. Suddenly Y/n hears a knock on her door. She rolls her eyes at the thought of anyone needing her at this hour.

She walks to her door and opens it, only to be greeted by the Dragon of the West.

"Your majesty," Y/n says, perplexed. "Why have you come to my room at this hour?"

"I wanted to speak to you about my niece," He says with a smile. "I've brought tea."

"Of course your majesty."

"No need for such formalities, "Iroh says kindly. He gives her the pot of tea that he has made so that Y/n could place it on the table in the middle of the large room.

"You and my niece seem to be very close," He starts.

"Well, I am her therapist," Y/n replies with a smile. He smiles back.

"You were able to comfort her," Iroh points out. "I've never seen anyone able to do that. Not her friends, not even her father."

Y/n drank her tea and stares out her window. The stars sparkled brightly over the Capital City. So beautiful.

"So what if I have? Is there a problem?" Y/n asks rather harshly. "I-... I'm sorry your majesty. I shouldn't have been so rude."

"No, it's fine. But it doesn't take a genius to know that you two are very close. " He says."I want you to help her. I have failed my niece. I let my brother get his evil hands on her and now she has lost herself. I want you to help her, like how I wanted to."

Then he stands up and gives Y/n a nod as he takes his leave. When Y/n was sure he had gone, she ran over to the secret door, desperately trying to open it. Once it opened, Y/n rushed to Azula's bedroom.

"Azula?" Y/n said as soon as she entered.

However, it would seem she was too late. Azula had already fallen asleep, snuggling against her blanket.

Y/n smiled warmly at this but soon stopped herself.

"What am I doing?" Y/n whispered, her hand covering her face. "She's my patient, I can't."

The girl looked up to see Azula, still sleeping.

"She probably doesn't even like girls,"

The Fire nation may have been reformed from its former ideals, but some people still believed that gays and lesbians were disgusting and unacceptable. Azula was raised by a very homophobic man, it's very likely she shares those opinions.

Y/n sighed heavily before going back to her room.