Battle Between Long Lost Friends

"You look beautiful," Azula smiles at Y/n as they meet up while walking down to the dinner hall. "The moon ought to be jealous of your beauty."

Y/n blushes and doesn't say anything in response which causes Azula to smile.

She had worn her prettiest dress, Azula did request for her to dress nicely after all.

However, Azula's smile falls when she sees a painting of the Firelord and the Gaang. She stops walking to take a closer look.

"What is it, my lady?" Y/n asks in confusion to why the girl had stopped walking.

"Azula," she corrects sternly. "There used to be a painting of my father up there."

"Do you miss that painting?" Y/n inquires. She notices how Azula's eyebrows furrow together.

"I don't know," a small pitiful smile on the girl's face. "I used to want my picture up there. I wanted it so badly. But I'm confused now, for I don't seem to want it anymore. It was my childhood dream, and yet it dissipated so easily."

"Was it truly your dream?"

"Please," Azula says breathlessly. "Therapy is later."

She starts walking quickly down the hall, making Y/n catch up to her.

The entrance to the dining hall appears on Y/n's right. Azula and her walk in hesitantly.

An aroma of Fire Nation spices fills up Y/n's nose. She breathes in the delicious smell.

Looking around the room, she can see a chandelier hung up on the celling, one similar to that in Azula's room. The walls are painted in blood red, and so is the cloth that lays on top of the dining table.

Y/n bows gracefully, as was expected since she was only but a peasant in the presence of royalty. However, Azula didn't even give a slight nod before rushing to sit down.

Y/n followed her to the table and sat next to her quietly.

Looking at the table, you'd think that the Firelord was trying to feed a monster that had been starving for years. There was so much food, from expensive beef to sweets such as cakes and mochi. Y/n looked in awe of all the food that surrounded her.

"You look like you've seen a ghost,' Azula remarks quietly, only loud enough for Y/n to hear.

"All this food might send me to my early grave,"

"Oh, then we must stop you from eating too much," Y/n smiles at Azula.

"It's so nice of you to join us Azula," Ursa smiles at her daughter. It had only been a couple hours since the incident of the nightmare. "Have you slept well?"

"Well, enough," Azula responded distastefully. "Would have been better if I was allowed back in my old room."

"Your old room is currently under renovation," Mai quickly responded. "Since you decided to make it a mess last time you were there."

Azula only scoffs.

"Why did you break the mirror again?" The Firelady pushed, not giving Azula a break.

"Mai," Zuko jumped in. "Let it rest."

The Fire lady sighed in defeat, making Y/n relieved.

"How's your room Dr. L/n," Zuko quickly asked, trying his best to change the subject.

"It's beautiful your majesty," Y/n replied happily. "I've never seen anything so big and luxurious. I thank you deeply for this opportunity."

"Well of course," The Firelord smiled. "We gave you the best guest bedroom this palace had to offer, in thanks for your hard work."

Y/n smiled as she picked up the expensive looking beef and placing it on her plate.

"How did you become a doctor?" Ty Lee asked with curiosity. "Have you always enjoyed this line of work?"

"Well, I enjoyed puzzles," Y/n responded with a smile. "The mind is full of them. But every puzzle is able to be solved."

Ty Lee nodded with amusement, earning a side eye from Azula.

The rest of the dinner went well. Y/n and the rest of the royal family made good conversation, talking about all sorts of things. After a while, the dinner ended and everyone went back to their rooms.

Azula nodded and Y/n who instantly knew what it meant.

Meet me in my room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SCENE CHANGE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Azula closes her door before walking up to her vanity. She sits down and grabs her hairbrush. She had a habit of brushing her hair for a ridiculously long time. It's one of the only things that calm her down.

A loud thud interrupts Azula's train of thought. She looks back to see Ty Lee standing on her balcony fence.

"What have I done to warrant such a visit?" Says Azula with a serious tone. "Have I committed a great offense?"

"Stop it Azula," Ty Lee pleads. "I just want to talk to you."

"Speak as you will," Replies the girl. "But I don't have much time."

The braided haired girl scoffs but continues to speak.

"Don't do anything to harm Zuko or anyone else in this family," Ty Lee warns with a dark tone.

"And if I do? What will you do then? Attack me with your golden fans? Oh, maybe you'll chi block me and make me fall onto the ground limp!" Azula exclaims with a mocking tone.

"I'm warning you Azula," Azula smirks. "Don't do anything."