Famous Princess Azula

DARA'S POV

I never wished to work for Huang. He's rude and disgusting. He spits when he talks, and his choice of whiskey is...questionable to say the least. But what choice did I have? I was 16. I was 16 and alone, freshly out of the asylum I called home.

The asylum. A horrible place. Within the confines of my cell, I was forced to endure the torment of rat infestation. The ceiling leaked with foul sewage water, and the floor was damp and covered in mold. 

Repulsive.

The nurses would make their rounds, administering medication to me. With a syringe, they injected a substance into my veins, causing me to get lightheaded and drowsy. It became apparent that the so-called "medicine" served as a means to pacify the patients within the hospital's walls.

Most of the kids there came from dysfunctional families. Their fathers were rich men with too much money to spend and not enough time to give. The mothers frequently suffered from either abusive relationships with their partners or struggled with addiction to harmful substances.

But there was one girl who had it all. Princess Azula, now known as Lady Azula, had wealth, intelligence, beauty, and the presence of both parental figures(Though her mother went missing in her earlier years.). It puzzled me how someone so feared and revered could find themselves in a setting like an asylum. During my younger years, I held great admiration for her. I would listen to speeches that lauded her for her exceptional qualities, encompassing not only her excellence and beauty but also her unwavering commitment to her nation. But to see her here, in this...state. Disheveled, dirty, alone. I couldn't bare it.

"Excuse me?" I inquired, my gaze filled with curiosity and uncertainty.

"Don't speak to me," Princess Azula responded without turning her head, her gaze fixed upon the distant horizon.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because you are beneath me," the raven-haired girl finally turned her head, her piercing gaze meeting mine. "Do you know who I am?" she questioned, a hint of superiority in her voice.

I take offense to this. I retorted, "You're patient confined within the walls of a mental asylum, just like the rest of us."

"I'm Princes-"

"Princess Azula," I concluded, taking a seat beside her on the wooden bench. "I'm aware. I've come across numerous portraits of you. I could recognize your features, even with your hair styled.. like that." I smirk. Why did she cut her bangs look like that?

"How dare you?" Azula exclaimed, her gaze penetrating my very being. The intensity in her eyes offered a glimpse into why people feared her.

Sighing, I leaned forward, placing my elbow on the table and resting my hand on my palm. I closed my eyes, breathing in the soft air.

"I am told I will be released in a day," I tell her, not anticipating a response from her. "I have no family, they all died during the war. Once It's dark, I will end my suffering."

"What?" Azula's face softens for a moment, before turning stoic once more. "This has no importance to me."

"I know," I smile at her. "I was just curious. I wanted to talk to you, Fearsome Azula of the Firenation." I mock.

"Curiosity killed the cat," The Princess responds.

"Well in this case," I stand up from the bench, carefully brushing off any traces of dust from my dress. "The cat will be dead by tomorrow." 

I walk away.