News of Rebellion

"What is it?" Azula questioned with a glare. "Waking me up at such an hour. Some may consider this rude, so you know."

"Azula," Zuko sighed. "For just this once, try to keep your mouth shut."

Azula scoffed in disbelief at her brother's response. She tilted her head, her long black hair falling down her shoulders, and rolled her eyes in annoyance. Her gold-piercing eyes remained locked onto her brother as if daring him to say something more.

Despite her annoyance, there was a hint of curiosity in her eyes as well. As if she wanted Zuko to reveal more information.

Her gaze was unwavering, and Zuko found himself momentarily intimidated by his sister's piercing stare. He knew that he had to tread carefully if he wanted to keep her calm.

To Zuko, his sister is a ticking bomb, ready to explode at any second. He didn't want to push the fragile state her mind is in.

A sudden knock disrupted the two, echoing through the tense atmosphere. The two looked at the door. Azula's ears perked up in curiosity.

When the door opened, Mai and Ursa emerged. They both wore the same expression of worry.

Mai was the first to break the silence. "What's going on?" she asked, her voice laced with irritation.

Ursa nodded in agreement, her delicate features creased with worry. "Is everything okay, Zuko?" she asked, her voice soft and comforting.

Zuko let out a deep sigh of relief. Seeing his wife and mother in the room had a calming effect on him, and he felt himself start to relax a little. "No, everything is not okay," he said, his voice heavy with emotion. "There are reports of growing rebellions in the Fire Nation."

Ursa's eyes widened in shock, and she took a step back as if physically recoiling from the news. Mai, on the other hand, remained calm and composed, her eyes fixed on Zuko's face.

Mai crossed her arms over her chest, her eyes narrowed with suspicion. "And why is Azula here?" she asked, gesturing towards her former friend.

Azula raised an eyebrow, her lips curling into a smirk. "I was wondering the same thing," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Am I needed for this little family meeting, or can I go back to bed?"

Just as the tension in the room was reaching its peak, another knock interrupted the conversation. This time, it was Iroh who stood on the other side of the door, his face beaming with joy and merriment.

The prince looked around the room, taking in the tense atmosphere and the expressions of concern on the faces of his family members. He let out a hearty laugh, his belly shaking with amusement.

"Well, well, well," he said, his voice booming with joviality. "What do we have here? A family reunion or an intervention?"

Mai spoke out. "The only person needing such a thing is already in the room."

"Is your depression in the room with us now?" Azula replied, raising an eyebrow. A small smirk is visible to all.

"Just alongside your schizophrenia,"

"You two settle down," Ursa commanded, causing Azula to stare at her in disbelief.

"Now you want to parent?"

"Azula!" Zuko yelled. His fingers pressed against his forehead, rubbing it with the need to relieve the headache forming. He then turns to his uncle."This is not a joke, Uncle."

Iroh's expression softened, and he placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I know, nephew," he said, his voice soothing. "But sometimes laughter is the best medicine, even in the darkest of times."

Zuko sighed and nodded, his eyes fixed on his uncle's face. "I need your help, Uncle," he said, his voice serious. "There are growing rebellions in the Fire Nation, and I don't know how to stop them."

Iroh's face darkened with concern, and he let out a deep sigh. "This is troubling news, indeed," he said, his voice heavy with emotion. "But we will face it together, as a family."

Azula rolled her eyes at this display of sentimentality. "I don't have time for this," she said, standing up from her seat and brushing imaginary dust from her dress. "If you'll excuse me, I have more important things to attend to."

Without another word, she turned on her heel and stalked out of the room, leaving her family members behind to grapple with the difficult task ahead.

Once Azula left the room, Zuko looked at the other members of his family still present.

"The rebellion wants Azula to receive her title as Crown Princess of the Fire Nation back,"