1

*Hey there! Welcome to part two! I just wanted to warn y'all that this chapter is a bit dark and heavy, but you know me by now! It won't remain that way. 🙃

It had been about two weeks since they'd been back in Seoul and it had been stressful to say the least—which was expected. They'd sat down with a member of the PR team and filmed an interview the same day they'd gotten back and they'd released the pictures and videos that were taken at the ceremony after they'd had the chance to look over the footage. It got released the next day to appease the fans that were going absolutely bonkers over it. This opened up the floodgates of hate from every which way—also expected. There were the racists, the homophobes, the bandwagon haters, and the sasaengs—mostly the sasaengs.

There had been so many death threats flying around that they all had to be surrounded by security any time they were outside, only to be quickly ushered into bulletproof black trucks. She had to give it to Bighit for taking their safety seriously. They'd even hired security for their families, much to Luna's mother's' dismay, but she just had to deal because Luna wasn't letting up. She'd burn down the whole city if something were to happen to her family.

There were constant protests outside of Bighit's building and they often had to take different ways home to ensure they weren't being followed. It was absolute madness.

Currently, they were all in a meeting with Bang PD as well as Bighit's whole PR team addressing some seriously disturbing matters. Unfortunately, there were an abundance of ARMY that were threatening to hurt themselves, some actually going through with harming themselves in various ways and tagging BTS on Twitter. The trending tags were vile, sick, and horrifying and it pissed Luna off that people that call themselves fans would act this way. Why would you do this to someone you claim to love? Why would you want to make them feel guilty for being happy?

She looks over at Tae and squeezes his hand, rubbing the back of it soothingly. He lies his head on her shoulder and she strokes his hair as they listen to the PR team throw out terrible ideas.

"I think you all should just avoid going out in public—especially with Luna because she seems to be a bit of a trigger or sore spot for ARMY right now. Avoid posting pictures and videos together. It's best you just do things individually when interacting with ARMY now," one of the team members says.

This was about the fifth person to say the same thing, just in a different way. Go out as less as possible and avoid being seen with each other, but her especially.

"How will they get used to the idea of us being together if they never see us together? I'm not entirely comfortable with distancing myself from them. We've always been close. We shouldn't have to change that and Luna's a part of us now whether they like it or not. I hate that these...events...these horrible things are happening but this is too much," Hobi speaks up.

"I agree. I think the more they see it, the more they'll learn to accept it," Yoongi says.

"Or these fans will continue to hurt themselves and blame you for it. It makes the company look bad and the public is calling for action. We have to do something to show them that we're trying," the PR director says.

"Hey! There's no need for the unnecessary banter. It's not their fault and they already feel bad enough. These fans that are doing this are sick. Never blame them for that," Bang PD-nim scolds the man, making everyone look up in surprise.

"I agree Mr. Bang. Forgive me if I sound insensitive but most the fans that are doing this are either very young, spiteful, mentally ill, or some combination of those things. The young ones are running off of raw emotion. They're not mature enough to handle the thought of not having a chance with them romantically. They're obsessed with them and they aren't going to stop just because they see them by themselves. They know we still exist and that we're in this for life. They know we can't just turn this bond off," Luna adds.

"I agree. That's not a real solution. We have to come up with something else to show that we care," Joon says, running his hand down his face in exasperation.

He'd been so stressed lately. Hell, everyone had but Joon took his role as leader seriously and it frustrated him that he couldn't come up with a solution for anything right now.

"Why do they stoop so low like this? They always resort to drastic measures like this and we just fall in line and give them what they want. I'm tired of it. It's not fair! We share so much with them and they do this just because they can't date us? This is bull," JK exclaims, shooting out of his chair.

He runs a hand through his hair, tears shining in his eyes before he turns and leaves. Luna and Joon share a look and they wordlessly decide that she should go after him. She excuses herself and leaves, speed waking so she could catch up with him. He was about to step onto the elevator down the hall and she breaks into a run, yelling for him to hold the elevator. Thankfully he does and it breaks Luna's heart when he breaks down as soon as the doors close. She hits the number for the floor her office is located on and hugs him to her chest, letting him cry it out. Tears welled in her own eyes as she comforted him, upset that he was upset.

Thankfully, the elevator doesn't stop until they get to her floor and she leads him to her studio, keying in the code and pulling him over to the sofa. They sit and cry in silence for a few moments, JK's heartbreaking sobs slowly tapering off as he calms down.

"I'm sorry for messing up your shirt," he sniffles.

Luna grabs the box of tissues off her table and passes them to him, taking a few for herself as well.

"Fuck this shirt. As long as you're okay, I'm okay," she says, throwing the soiled tissues in the trash.

"I just had a moment. This happened before...a long time ago when I was rumored to have a girlfriend. They just don't realize how much it hurts. The last thing I want is for anyone to hurt themselves and I've gone through feeling like I was to blame for it and it sucks to go through it again. It's not our fault that we were made for each other—that we're happy together. If they were real fans, they'd just be happy for us. It pisses me off but it still makes me sad because there are so many young, impressionable people that will see it and participate and other fandoms' fans will join in to increase the numbers and make us look bad. I just...sometimes I hate being an idol," he confesses, more tears streaming down his face as he chokes up at the end.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through that and I'm sorry that it's happening again. If only there was some way to help..." she trails off.

They sit in silence for a moment and all of a sudden, the perfect idea hits Luna.

"JK! I've got it. I've got the perfect idea and I'm telling you now, I'm going to make it happen with or without Bighit," she says, a determined look on her face.

"Whatever it is, I'm with you," he replies, making her smile.

She proceeds to tell him her plan and his eyes light up with hope as she speaks. Finally, someone who could come up with unbiased solutions, not just coverups to their problems. It was the best idea he'd heard in a while and he was a little jealous he hadn't come up with it himself. Together, they would change the way the industry deals with issues and he couldn't wait to see what they'd accomplish.

A/N: Welcome to the second book 💜

This is no shade to K-ARMY but I wanted to address the dark side of the industry. We have crazy fans in America too but it seems like it's more common in Korea and I can't stand the fact that the idols there have to walk on eggshells in their own lives so they don't trigger sasaengs.

Also, I know that there are other fanfics out there that talk about this. I am in no way copying them. I'm just addressing this is my own way and trying to make my story as realistic as possible. We all knew it wasn't going to be sunshine and rainbows once the world found out about their bond.

Anyways, thanks so much for reading and I can't wait to get more chapters out to you 💜💜💜