Solid Ground

Chapter 3

When I finally came to my senses we were standing on a beach.I looked up to see her looking down at me and smiling.

"You know we are on solid ground now, you can let me go if you want..." she said and pulled me closer.

"...Or not," she said and chuckled.

I laughed and looked down at the ground. I unwrapped my arms from around her neck. I had got lost in her beautiful icy blue eyes.

"Sorry,"  I said as she stared at me and I felt so many things.

None of it was fear. I think I was just curious about her and also why I feel so drawn to someone or thing that doesn't exist. Well she isn't suppose to exist. She smirked and grabbed my hand. I looked around and noticed we were on a beach, but not one in Chicago the skyline was much different.

"We are in Cali,"  she said.

"How did we get her so fast?" I asked her.

"We flew, I figured you would be more comfortable if we were further away from your... home," She said.

I knew we flew but I didn't know we went this far. It was nice though. Peaceful almost. I was away from swearing and abuse. We walked up and down the beach in silence until we reached a spot on the beach that was somewhat in the middle. She sat down. For some reason this felt familiar. I swear I had a dream like this a couple of nights ago. In fact I've been having a lot of crazy dreams lately.

Each dream pulled me closer to her. They have all been about us. They been so weird though.

"Have a seat Geovanni," she said smoothly releasing me from my thoughts.

I chuckled and blushed as I I looked down at her and she smiled at me. I nibble on my bottom lip as my body moved on her request and the weird warmth of her smile, the feeling was intense and inviting . I was trying to fight the urge to sit between this things legs.  She chuckled and grabbed my wrist lightly as she pulled me down on to the sand and between her legs. I felt my body tense at how close she was.

"Relax darling, I want you in an entirely different way," she said.

"That's not comforting at all," I mumbled.

She could turn my ass into her private blood bank or sex slave or some shit.

"Well how about you ask me some questions so you can become comfortable. I need you to be comfortable with me Geovanni," she said in this heavy accent.

I bit my lip as chills went down my back. Comfortable I have no idea what that means or what it feels like. A word that had got erased from my vocabulary. I use to have it when my mom was alive but she's been gone for almost 12 or so years.

"You know I've always hated water in a way," she said, pulling me from my thoughts again.

"Why is that?" I asked her.

"It's unpredictable, just like people," she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked her as I looked up at her.

"You never know what it's going to do. You never know if the sea will be calm or aggressive. You can't predict the current or waves. Even if you can, it might turn into something you weren't expecting," she said.

"You could always wash up someplace new and better than where you came from," I said as  I looked back at the water.

All I saw was a chance to find a new peace. An escape from my current situation. The water was strangle calming. It was relaxing me. I also felt safe with her.