Tadesse

Chapter 6

I was looked down upon because of the fact I wasn't consider all African. Even growing up was hard because I was too light. My mother was forced to sleep with this European man. I believe she said he was Dutch or French. I real don't know or care.

I just know it was around this time that my people where getting taken or sold to the men that look sickly. Our own people were selling us into slavery. It was bad enough we were salves in our homeland, but to be one in a new world. With new "master's" as they call them selves. I rather die then be own. By any person.

I had been in this new land for only about 10 years when I was forced to work for the ghost people. I began to harvest such a deep and intense loathing for their kind.

"Wen Yuh gunna breed off?" Some dude yelled.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I had already overheard the white devil when I was working in the big house. That I was to damn pretty just to give to anyone. His wife said I was smart too. It didn't take me long to learn the language here. All you got is yelled at, and spoke to in it. You have no choice.

I was walking back to my quarters when I heard this rumbling in the bushes. I bit down on my bottom lip. I could keep going to my quarters or take the chance of probably death. I smirked and headed to the sound. Death had to be more welcoming than this fucking place.  Besides I like to be go searching and hunting. So it could be a tasty meal. Or one of these women going to bathe. Either of which I was more than I think the word is interesting.

The sun was set and the stars where high in the sky. The rustling became louder as it lead me towards the water. I smirked, but as I walked closer to the noise. My heart started to beat faster.  I was on the beach and there was a man kneeling and biting or eating something.

I notice a man, of light complexion. Like white as the sheets I have to iron. He was squatting over some dead animal. He turned and looked at me. I was frozen in my tracks. His eyes were just as red as them rocks the master has me sneak to his whore a few miles down from us. His hair was bright red. He didn't look human at all but like something else.

"What do we have here? Half white and halfAfrican,"He said  as he stood up.

He was fully naked and seemed very tall. I was tall for a woman but this man was tall. He also had this different walk. He walked like a snake. His hips moved in a shape as his legs would crossed as he never let the bottom of his feet hit the ground. I was mesmerized.

He placed his cold hand around my neck and titled my head up and to the side. I was not scared. I had been taken from my homeland, I had nothing here, and life was nothing to me. If this man was to kill me, he would just be killing another animal. No one would look for me either. He smelled my neck and licked his lips.

"You are strong, brave, fearless," He said in a most forcefully strong voice.

He smiled, and I saw his teeth grow in length. I licked my lips as he raised me off the ground. I gasped as I saw the body of the nigga that tried to fuck me a couple of days ago. It looked like he had been attacked by an animal. I watched as the white mans blood flowed into the water and the waves began to push and pull the pale man into the sea. Water is unpredictable and soothing. You can never trust it when glue on it, but watching it clean away a mess and do it so calmly. That was peaceful.