Trauma (b)

FLASHBACK CONTINUES 

Arnav felt like the floor slipped from down of his leg . He could not understand anything . Only one phrase was revolving in his and playing again and again , as if on a repeat mode .

Mr. Raizada , Mrs. Raizada is pregnant but she is very weak to carry a child now .... 

Just this phrase is what he can think of now . He was going to be a father but he didn't even know that . What if Khushi had never wanted to come to get a check-up ?? What if he just cured her being side by her always and didn't brought her to Hospital ?? What if he had not returned to the alter that day ?? How would Khushi manage ?? How would his in-laws manage ?? What if Khushi's life had been in danger and she didn't even knew about it ?? What if because of her lack of interest in going to the hospital would have resulted in her not even knowing about the small life growing inside her ?? What if when she knew about their baby ... it would have been very late ??  What if ..... 

All these what ifs were roaming in his head . He came out of his reverie when he felt a pat on his shoulder . He looked up and saw the doc looking at him worriedly . 

Dr. : Mr. Raizada what happened ?? I am calling you from that time , you were not responding at all .

He sat on the chair next to Arnav as he could feel what Arnav might be going through because he , himself is a father of a two year old . 

Dr. : Mr. Raizada ... I know you must not have thought about something like this , but what can we do if the situation leads us here . 

Arnav just looked at him with misty eyes . The doc poured a glass of water and handed it to him while Arnav gulped it in one go . 

Dr. : I guess we should not waste our time now Mr. Raizada . Mrs. Raizada is in trauma , in depression and as per my knowledge it is not good for her health to give a birth to a baby . It will not only harm her but the baby as well . You are saying that she didn't even come out of the room , didn't have food properly , didn't rest properly from many days , which is very harmful for her and the baby as well . And most importantly her foul mood ... A lady in this stage should be happy , tension free but all she is now is dull , sad , tensed , traumatized and what not ..... I am not from this field but still I am a father and have got suggestions from the doctors to keep my wife happy when she was pregnant , I am just telling you . You need to visit a gynecologist and as you know this hospital is not only one of the best trauma centres but maternity centre as well . We have one of the best gynecologist  , who is my friend as well so if you don't mind , I will fix your appointment with him today only as it is very serious and we need to take an action as soon as we can . 

Arnav : Hmm ... ok !!

Dr. Smith walked out to talk to Dr . John Thomas who was one of the best gynecologist as well as his very good friend , leaving Arnav to ponder over the news that he just got . He closed his eyes with a lone tear slipped from his eyes but then hurried outside to see how Khushi was .

Khushi was just sitting on the chair which was on a far corner with her head leaning to the wall as she stared at the ceiling with no emotions . He sighed and walked up to her . He knew he should not tell it to her as of now . If needed he will definitely tell her but now she is not in the condition to talk all these about . Whatever the gyno  doctor has to talk , he will talk to him . He will not get Khushi involved in it . He just sat beside her .

After few minutes ,

Arnav saw Dr. Smith walking towards them . He came to them but hesitated to talk in front of Khushi . He just raised his eyebrows to the doc , asking him when he had to meet the gyno doc . Dr. Smith just said "5:30" which clearly indicated that he has his appointment at 5:30 . Arnav just smiled at the doc in a thanking way and stood up , taking the file which was in doc's hand , which was Khushi's reports . He will need them while talking to the gynecologist at the evening .