Past (III)

FLASHBACK CONTINUES 

Arnav entered the room Khushi was kept in and walked up to her . He felt as if hundreds of needles pierced his heart seeing her pale form lying unconsciously in a hospital bed . He cursed himself for treating her bad and ignoring her every other time she yelped in pain . He sat beside her lifeless body in the bed and caressed her cheek for a while with moist eyes before taking her hand in his and kissing it tenderly . 

Arnav : I am sorry Khushi . I am really very sorry for ignoring you every time , your pain every time , for letting you suffer and not being a good husband . I failed Khushi . I failed you . I ... I forced you for every single thing . I failed my love Khushi . I failed to protect you . I promise you Khushi . I promise that whoever did this I will not leave them . WHOEVER it is . No one is gonna be spared . I will give you justice . I am sorry . 

Khushi felt wetness and weight in her forehead and opened her eyes drowsily . She blinked her eyes several times to adjust in the surrounding . She was shocked to see herself in a hospital but again her conscious went to the wetness in her head . She arched her head back a little which made Arnav conscious about Khushi waking up . Khushi was shocked to see Arnav in tears . She had never seen him so vulnerable . She got up slowly and sat comfortably with the help of Arnav and was about to confront him when he cut her even before she spoke anything .

Arnav :(concerned) You okay ?? Do you need anything ?? Should I call the doctor ??

Khushi :(weakly) No , I am fine .

Arnav :(sarcastically) Yeah !! Why not I can see that !! First have your lunch then we'll talk .

Before she could utter a word he left the room to take something for her to eat , all the while avoiding her eyes . Khushi thought to ask him the reason of his sadness after the dinner as he looked tired and she was sure that he did not had his dinner , which is not good for his health , as it is past midnight . They had dinner silently . Khushinwas looking at Arnav intently but he was not at all meeting her eyes .

AFTER DINNER 

Khushi : Arnavji , what happened ?? 

Arnav : Nothing Khushi . Nothing happened . Why did you ask that ??

Khushi : Don't lie to me Arnavji , I can easily catch it . your eyes speak volumes than your mouth does . So ...... SPEAK UP ..... What is it ??

Arnav : Nothing ... I said na ?? You are having misunderstanding .

Khushi :(sarcastically) Yeh !! Misunderstanding !! Great !!

Arnav :(tiredly) Khushi .... please!!!

Khushi :(sternly) No please .... tell me what is it ?? What are you hiding from me ?? What is bothering you Arnavji?? 

Arnav : Seriously nothing ... why are you investing me like James Bond ?? 

Khushi : I know you very well Arnavji . Don't try to distract me . (cupping his face) Please tell me what is it??

Arnav : (gathering courage , with tears in his eyes) I am sorry Khushi . I am really sorry for abandoning you . When I saw you lying down there in the kitchen , I hated myself for ignoring you . I am sorry . (holding her hands) Please tell me who did this to you ?? Pleas tell me who is the person who harmed you . Please ..... I want to rectify my mistake of ignoring you and for me .... for me that can only happen when I punish those b*sta**s . Please I need to know this .